Can I do this circuit every day?

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
I added a toning/aerobic type circuit to the end of my workout every other day. I am starting to get addicted to my quick circuit, and the results I have been seeing from it to the point that I want to do it every day. Is this something I can do every day without risking overtraining? I push myself pretty quickly through it with my focus on keeping my heart rate up, and getting a really good pump. Here is what I am doing.

4 cycles through this circuit

25 dips - two cycles wide grip, two narrow
12 pull ups - each cycle at a different grip
25 push ups - two cycles diamond, two wide
10 body weight rows**
15 straight leg lifts up to eye level

** looks like an upside down push-up. I elevate my feet on a bench, and hang (face up) from a bar on the squat rack. I then pull myslef up until my chest touches the bar. This is a LOT harder than it seems.

Adding this to the end of my workouts has really helped tone and define my upper body a lot. It is getting easier and easier, and I am wanting to increase frequency to once a day...or should I just increase reps. Opinions?

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
I guess I may get more feedback if I post some more details.

I usually train 3 to 4 times a week at high intensity...usually almost 2 hours each session. I have been training for about 14 years (I will turn 29 next week).

I'm about 12% to 14% bf
Weigh about 210 lbs.
5'9" tall

I have an extremely efficient digestive system...I take in only about 1500 calories a day...and will gain weight (fat) if I stop training at all. I put on muscle extremely quickly to the point I can still outpace my tendons and connective tissue when I train really hard (which is a problem for me).

I have a HARD time with overtraining, and hence my question. Whenever I try something new, and get good results, I always pound it into the ground and end up with sore tendons and connective tissue.

Thanks guys!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It will overtrain the muscles you are using and your results will drop off. I would do it every 2nd day. That will give your body time to rest and grow.