Abs: What the hell??

sooner999

Awards
I am a relatively skinny guy. I am 6' 170 and i have well defined arms. When i flex i can see all those striations in my shoulders and veins in my biceps etc etc. But my abs are not showing.When i flex i can see the top two but not much more. I try to grab extra fat on y stomach buy cant. So whats goin on...do i have underdevleoped abs or still more fat to lose in order to have a nice perfect six pack.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
try doing heavy ab exercises like cable crunches. they should help make them pop out a little more. i had the same problem but its gotten better since i started heavy cable crunches. many people have the same problem it seems.

BrMe86

BrMe86

Awards
^^^ I agree. It's like doing push ups...how big will your arms get doing push ups? You need to do heavier weighted exercises to reach the type of hypertrophy you're looking for.

Cable crunches are great. Do you do squats and deadlifts? Those are normally enough to build up good abs.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well genetics started you with no abs but you can still build them up... your issue obviously isnt too much fat covering them just a lack of muscle period. Heavy and moderate stomach exercises are needed for you to build them up then they will begin to stand off your belly a lil more.

sooner999

Awards
thank you all for the advice...I sure hope genetics doesn't determine everything or else ill lose hope. Assuming they don't, other than cable crunches, what other heavy abs exercises are there out there to gain the results you say I need.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thank you all for the advice...I sure hope genetics doesn't determine everything or else ill lose hope. Assuming they don't, other than cable crunches, what other heavy abs exercises are there out there to gain the results you say I need.
decline bench set waaay steep, hold a weighted ball (medicine ball) out above your head (above as in if you were standing not like if you were pressing it) then do sit ups that way. Dont cheat and throw the ball forward, its there to specifically add some negative leverage and help make the situp much more difficult.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
decline bench set waaay steep, hold a weighted ball (medicine ball) out above your head (above as in if you were standing not like if you were pressing it) then do sit ups that way. Dont cheat and throw the ball forward, its there to specifically add some negative leverage and help make the situp much more difficult.
i love these too, there hard as hell if you do them just like poop explains and it should burn like a mofo.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
I am a relatively skinny guy. I am 6' 170 and i have well defined arms. When i flex i can see all those striations in my shoulders and veins in my biceps etc etc. But my abs are not showing.When i flex i can see the top two but not much more. I try to grab extra fat on y stomach buy cant. So whats goin on...do i have underdevleoped abs or still more fat to lose in order to have a nice perfect six pack.
Abs are the only muscle group that you should work out almost daily, or a little each time you train. I focus on them once a week, but do a few sets each time I work out.