Help with training frequency please

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Alrite so for the past 5-6 weeks i have been using a volume split where i hit each muscle once a week. I did this to switch up from my normal twice a week split(that i really like). My question is do you think i should go back to the split i had been doing or should i stick with the once a week for another 4 weeks? The main reason i ask is that the reason i switched was just to kinda do a switch up and now wondering if its been long enough that i can go back and make good gains on a twice a week split again..

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
How is the current split compared to the twice a week split? Strength gains? If you liked your old split better then maybe switch it up. I tend to switch my routine up something like every 4-6 weeks. I'm just trying new things, mostly Rest/Pause sets and lower volume stuff. It's fun to switch it up here and there. Whatever works best for you, I'd stick with.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How is the current split compared to the twice a week split? Strength gains? If you liked your old split better then maybe switch it up. I tend to switch my routine up something like every 4-6 weeks. I'm just trying new things, mostly Rest/Pause sets and lower volume stuff. It's fun to switch it up here and there. Whatever works best for you, I'd stick with.
Alrite thanks. Srry i did not respond sooner but yea i had some decent strength gains and some good body comp changes, but i am going to change up my split again to something that for me is more effective. i just don't seem to progress as well with the once a week training.

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
Well hit up the twice a week training man, I did that for awhile to and honestly I didn't feel like I was over-training or anything like that at all. Whats your split gonna look like?