Lagging bodyparts?

amadorian

Awards
I have read that some guys hit a bodypart twice per week if it lagging. For instance my shoulders are a little more underdeveloped in comparison to the rest of my body. Would it be recommended to hit these twice per week?

machwon04

Awards
  • Established
On some guys, underdeveloped shoulders could be due to the fact that they get hit TOO much. Shoulders are incorporated in many movements, and often aren't given enough rest time to grow!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Perhaps your not training them as efficiently as you could? What does an average shoulder day look like for you? Exercises, Sets & Reps?

vision

On some guys, underdeveloped shoulders could be due to the fact that they get hit TOO much. Shoulders are incorporated in many movements, and often aren't given enough rest time to grow!
That's me. I never realized how much strain I put on my shoulders. My anteriors get slaughtered on all my chest press movements and my posteriors are strained by all my pullups and dumbbell rows.

I don't know your routine but you may want to rest your anteriors a bit and focus on Standing Upright Rows.

I did this starting with standing upright rows with dumbbells one side at a time very close to the body with strict form and my shoulders have rounded out very nicely. I recently switched to the barbell version and they work my shoulders nicely and I'm lifting more weight than ever.

amadorian

Awards
Perhaps your not training them as efficiently as you could? What does an average shoulder day look like for you? Exercises, Sets & Reps?
I would normally do a 3 sets of presses (standing dumbell, seated dumbell) I would do 3 sets of upright rows. And 3 set of side later raises. My front head of my dealts is pretty good and develops so I don' do front raises.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would normally do a 3 sets of presses (standing dumbell, seated dumbell) I would do 3 sets of upright rows. And 3 set of side later raises. My front head of my dealts is pretty good and develops so I don' do front raises.
what about your rear delts..................are you a mirror body?

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
I've just started getting into the rear deltoid exercises a lot more and honestly its making my shoulder look more "fuller", you know a nice ball shape. I tend to do 6 sets of rear delts just because it takes me about that much sets to actually feel it getting sore.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yep,theirs three heads to the shoulders,so therefore to be truly rounded,they all have to be developed.It would be like a half circle(shoulders) being divided into three parts.If one of the three parts doesn't have the same flowing curve as the rest,it's no longer a true half circle

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
I'd honestly have to say that rear delts are probably the most under-developed thing on me, they are very hard to look really nice. What do you think is the most under-developed body part on most people?

vision

I'd honestly have to say that rear delts are probably the most under-developed thing on me, they are very hard to look really nice. What do you think is the most under-developed body part on most people?
I'd have to say the posterior chain of muscles because I can use my left hand to count the number of guys who can do full squats in my gym...

amadorian

Awards
what about your rear delts..................are you a mirror body?

My rear delts get worked alot from pressing movements, rowing movements, an upright rows. My front and rear delts are good it is the outside head that needs the attention it never gets pumped it always the other two heads. I wanted a more rounded look for that head of the deltoid.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My rear delts get worked alot from pressing movements, rowing movements, an upright rows. My front and rear delts are good it is the outside head that needs the attention it never gets pumped it always the other two heads. I wanted a more rounded look for that head of the deltoid.
Pressing movements hit primarily the front delts, and a hefty stimulation of the middle head.

The upright rows are hitting primarily the front delts also, and secondary stimulation targeted at the middle head.

Your rows are technically hitting your rear delts, but that also depends on how high (close to your sternum) your rowing, assuming your talking about bar bell rows. If you're doing Db rows, you're stimulating the rear delts a lot less with a traditional neutral grip Db row. If your grip is pronated and you're pulling out and to the side, instead of back and up, then you're hitting your rear delts. Otherwise, you're still not really hitting them.

You're not doing much work for your rear delts according to your workout.

Focus on side lateral raises if you want to hit that middle head better.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
whats a mirror body?
someone with a mirror body only works what he sees when he's loking head on in the mirror,usually saying damn im hot,any girl i haven't banged is clearly a lesbian.Theirs also bar bodys who only work upper body cause when you're sitting at the bar thats all you see.It's verry common to have a mix of a mirror and bar body as well.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'd honestly have to say that rear delts are probably the most under-developed thing on me, they are very hard to look really nice. What do you think is the most under-developed body part on most people?[/QUOTE

It is definately,without question,the calves.I don't have the best calves,but i work them very hard.i have put on a inch since working them and i started measuring them when i started to notice them looking better.I have heard people say they gave up and some people don't even try.It is verry annoying and frustrating how slow they respond,but luckily im stubborn/bull headed enough to say "f**ck you calves,i own yall,and you will get bigger"But i also see a mix of underdeveloped quads,shoulders,backs,and forearms(kind of in the calf category)

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
every shoulder wo should be along these lines.bb or db presses,front raises,side raises,and bent over rear raises,you must hit all heads,you wouldn't only do flat or inc bench would you?I hope not.To add variety to that shoulder wo,change the order,and rep range,if certain heads are a little further than others,take it easy on them.I have been doing this routine for a long time and i have very good shoulders.I have read that if you have bad shoulders,you can take a "out of the box"aproach alot of supersets and just an aproach thats out of the ordinary that would cause most muscles to overtrain,just what i read though.I dont know if i would go too extreme,but if i were you i would at least superset mil presses with side raises.Maybe even try some side raises,immediately do shoulder presses and then do side raises again,maybe for a month,and then go back to normal straight sets for a month,and then back to the supersets again,just my opinion,and work hard at it,shoulders can make or break a physique