Play with Iron Balls (kettlebells)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Who uses them?

My kung fu teacher is a big fan of them. He says they offer unbalanced weight, unlike dumbells which are balanced. This helps stabilizer muscles.

They also have thick ass handles, which improve grip.

I personally have not used KB's but plan on it someday. Feedback and opinions will be considered.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Who uses them?

My kung fu teacher is a big fan of them. He says they offer unbalanced weight, unlike dumbells which are balanced. This helps stabilizer muscles.

They also have thick ass handles, which improve grip.

I personally have not used KB's but plan on it someday. Feedback and opinions will be considered.
I agree with the thick handle improving grip, but unbalanced weight? Unless you're holding it on its side, you're not gaining any balance benefits. There's no issue of balance when you're holding the Kettles by the ring grip.

He's probably using the kettles for explosive movements anyway right? One arm snatch, clean, power front raises or power anything really.

I think Kettles are good and fine, but as far as the balance benefits, unless you're holding the kettle on its side, the ring bell solves any balancing issues.