Busted finger open, broke bone, what to do?

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so I smashed the tip of my left index finger (accidentally) at the gym. I was doing DB press with 60 lb dumbells and bringing them down smashed my hand on another DB that was on the floor - forgot to clear the area before I started my set.

Anyway, got stitches and ER doctor said bone is smashed and will need time to fuse. Is there anything I can take to accelerate the healing? I want the wound sealed and bone fused as soon as possible. Other than patience and not using my hand until it is healed, are there any foods or supplements I can take to accelerate the healing?

TIA.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if IGF helps with bone growth, but it would help the tissue damage. Maybe large doses of PowerFull, its GH releasing properties may help. There are also peptides that raise GH substantially. Might want to look into those.

Just ideas off the top of my head. Good luck.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Tons of calcium, perhaps?

That fcuking sucks, man. I'm sorry to hear about this. I couldn't imagine what you felt. I must admit that it's nice to know that this is all that happened. I've heard of some pretty nasty things happening while in the gym. Overall, you're okay, except for your poor finger. How long do you have to sit out for? I really hope you pull through and recover quickly, so that you can get back into the gym.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys. dr said weeks to months. i guess it will be lots of legs, abs, and cardio for me for a while.

i've been using xtend and bulk bcaa's for a while and will continue even though i'm not fully functional. i'll check on powerfull and calcium.

thanks again.

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
Other than patience and not using my hand until it is healed, are there any foods or supplements I can take to accelerate the healing?

TIA.
Cissus Quadrangularis

SEE (from AN's Osteobolin-C write up):
  • Singh SP, Mishra N (1984) An experimental study of analgesic activity of Cissus quadrangularis. Ind. J Pharmac. 162.
  • Udupa KN, Guru P (1964) Further studies on the effect of Cissus quadrangularis in accelerating fracture healing. Ind. Jour. Med. Res. 52(1).
  • Udupa KN, Guru P (1964) Biomechanical and calcium studies on the effect of Cissus quadrangularis in fracture repair. . Ind. Jour. Med. Res. 52(5).
  • Udupa KN, Guru P (1963) Effect of Cissus quadrangularis The healing of cortisone treated fracture. Ind. Jour. Med. Res. 51(4).
  • Udupa KN (1962) Cissus quadrangularis in healing of fractures A clinical study J. Indian Medical Association. 38(11).
  • Chopra SS, Patel MR, Gupta LP, Datta IC (1975) Studies on Cissus q in Experimental Fracture Repair: Effect on Chemical parameters in the blood. Ind. Jour. Med. Res. 63(6).

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm glad that you're being optimistic and ambitious. You're not gonna allow for this to let you down. Happy healing! :D

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cissus Quadrangularis

SEE (from AN's Osteobolin-C write up):
  • Singh SP, Mishra N (1984) An experimental study of analgesic activity of Cissus quadrangularis. Ind. J Pharmac. 162.
  • Udupa KN, Guru P (1964) Further studies on the effect of Cissus quadrangularis in accelerating fracture healing. Ind. Jour. Med. Res. 52(1).
  • Udupa KN, Guru P (1964) Biomechanical and calcium studies on the effect of Cissus quadrangularis in fracture repair. . Ind. Jour. Med. Res. 52(5).
  • Udupa KN, Guru P (1963) Effect of Cissus quadrangularis The healing of cortisone treated fracture. Ind. Jour. Med. Res. 51(4).
  • Udupa KN (1962) Cissus quadrangularis in healing of fractures A clinical study J. Indian Medical Association. 38(11).
  • Chopra SS, Patel MR, Gupta LP, Datta IC (1975) Studies on Cissus q in Experimental Fracture Repair: Effect on Chemical parameters in the blood. Ind. Jour. Med. Res. 63(6).
Definitely this.

Flexfx

Awards
You may want to wait a few days for the swelling/clotting to go down. Cardio would increase your BP and could negatively affect the healing process.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the info and encouragement, and i will most definitely get some cissus.

you're right about the bp, a girl at work reminded me today.

i guess i'll just lay on the couch for a while :)

i can't wait to get back to my routine...