Busted finger open, broke bone, what to do?

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Unhappy Busted finger open, broke bone, what to do?

Ok, so I smashed the tip of my left index finger (accidentally) at the gym. I was doing DB press with 60 lb dumbells and bringing them down smashed my hand on another DB that was on the floor - forgot to clear the area before I started my set.

Anyway, got stitches and ER doctor said bone is smashed and will need time to fuse. Is there anything I can take to accelerate the healing? I want the wound sealed and bone fused as soon as possible. Other than patience and not using my hand until it is healed, are there any foods or supplements I can take to accelerate the healing?

TIA.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.72%

I don't know if IGF helps with bone growth, but it would help the tissue damage. Maybe large doses of PowerFull, its GH releasing properties may help. There are also peptides that raise GH substantially. Might want to look into those.

Just ideas off the top of my head. Good luck.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.03%

Tons of calcium, perhaps?

That fcuking sucks, man. I'm sorry to hear about this. I couldn't imagine what you felt. I must admit that it's nice to know that this is all that happened. I've heard of some pretty nasty things happening while in the gym. Overall, you're okay, except for your poor finger. How long do you have to sit out for? I really hope you pull through and recover quickly, so that you can get back into the gym.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41%

thanks guys. dr said weeks to months. i guess it will be lots of legs, abs, and cardio for me for a while.

i've been using xtend and bulk bcaa's for a while and will continue even though i'm not fully functional. i'll check on powerfull and calcium.

thanks again.
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.63%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by silverSurfer View Post
    Other than patience and not using my hand until it is healed, are there any foods or supplements I can take to accelerate the healing?

TIA.
    Cissus Quadrangularis

SEE (from AN's Osteobolin-C write up):
    • Singh SP, Mishra N (1984) An experimental study of analgesic activity of Cissus quadrangularis. Ind. J Pharmac. 162.
    • Udupa KN, Guru P (1964) Further studies on the effect of Cissus quadrangularis in accelerating fracture healing. Ind. Jour. Med. Res. 52(1).
    • Udupa KN, Guru P (1964) Biomechanical and calcium studies on the effect of Cissus quadrangularis in fracture repair. . Ind. Jour. Med. Res. 52(5).
    • Udupa KN, Guru P (1963) Effect of Cissus quadrangularis The healing of cortisone treated fracture. Ind. Jour. Med. Res. 51(4).
    • Udupa KN (1962) Cissus quadrangularis in healing of fractures A clinical study J. Indian Medical Association. 38(11).
    • Chopra SS, Patel MR, Gupta LP, Datta IC (1975) Studies on Cissus q in Experimental Fracture Repair: Effect on Chemical parameters in the blood. Ind. Jour. Med. Res. 63(6).
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.03%

I'm glad that you're being optimistic and ambitious. You're not gonna allow for this to let you down. Happy healing!
  7. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.87%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by datBtrue View Post
    Cissus Quadrangularis

SEE (from AN's Osteobolin-C write up):
    • Singh SP, Mishra N (1984) An experimental study of analgesic activity of Cissus quadrangularis. Ind. J Pharmac. 162.
    • Udupa KN, Guru P (1964) Further studies on the effect of Cissus quadrangularis in accelerating fracture healing. Ind. Jour. Med. Res. 52(1).
    • Udupa KN, Guru P (1964) Biomechanical and calcium studies on the effect of Cissus quadrangularis in fracture repair. . Ind. Jour. Med. Res. 52(5).
    • Udupa KN, Guru P (1963) Effect of Cissus quadrangularis The healing of cortisone treated fracture. Ind. Jour. Med. Res. 51(4).
    • Udupa KN (1962) Cissus quadrangularis in healing of fractures A clinical study J. Indian Medical Association. 38(11).
    • Chopra SS, Patel MR, Gupta LP, Datta IC (1975) Studies on Cissus q in Experimental Fracture Repair: Effect on Chemical parameters in the blood. Ind. Jour. Med. Res. 63(6).
    Definitely this.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.93%

You may want to wait a few days for the swelling/clotting to go down. Cardio would increase your BP and could negatively affect the healing process.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41%

thanks for the info and encouragement, and i will most definitely get some cissus.

you're right about the bp, a girl at work reminded me today.

i guess i'll just lay on the couch for a while

i can't wait to get back to my routine...

Similar Forum Threads

1. 2 weeks m-1-t... what to do?
    By houseman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-05-2005, 06:54 AM
  2. Quick question about what to do mid-cycle...
    By SoupBone in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-09-2003, 07:40 AM
  3. O/T Going to Europe - What to Do????
    By Super Tri's in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 02:25 PM
  4. What to do if you see terrorism...
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-21-2003, 05:54 PM
  5. What to do when joints hurt but your muscles aren't tired?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 12:42 PM