My training and Anabolic Halo - AnabolicMinds.com

My training and Anabolic Halo

1. New Member

My training and Anabolic Halo

Hello all, i have a question for you. I train 5 times a week, sometimes 6. I haven't been training long - 2 months so my lifiting stats are weak at the moment.I guess you have to start somewhere

My goal at the moment is to bulk up and gain mass - Then to cut in and drop my BF% down to 10 or maybe lower. (I think i'm around 15-16% at the moment - I will post some pictures, maybe you guys could give your opinion on my BF%?)

A few pictures

Some body info:
    Sex Male
    Age 23
    Hight 5,8
    Weight 11 stone
    BF% (Inaccurate) possible 15 to 16%?

I'm currently bulking, using heavy weights with less reps.

My diet

- I drink at least 4 ltrs of fresh water a day.

- Breakfast: Wholegrain cereal, such as Shredded wheat -
    Strawberries, raspberries or other fruit. Including apples and oranges.

I've never been a fan of oatmeal - i think it's horrible, so i use any wholegrain cereal.

- Snack: Almonds and other nuts, including - walnuts, pecans, cashews, brazil nuts, chestnuts, hazelnuts.

I've never had peanut-butter in my life - is it used as for a snack on wholemeal bread?

- Lunch: Tuna, scrambled eggs. Fruit.

- Snack: Same as before and/or fruit.

- Dinner: Chicken fillets, Tuna steaks,steaks(well done)freesh salmon. Veg, including fresh green beans, soya protein beens, carrots and peas, wholemeal brown rice. sometimes i do eat wholemeal pasta - bt not very often.

Could you give me any advice on my diet - that would be brilliant.

My question: I'm looking for a good bulking routine, what would you recomend to a new learner and weight lifter.

Also would Anabolic Halo help my quest for a better body?

Any advice would be brilliant.

Thankyou
    - Shevlyn

2. Banned

Stay away from GNC, especially MT products. They're way too underdosed and overpriced. Shop at Nutraplanet. They're very affordable, have great customer service, quick shipping, and occasionally toss in samples and other free goodies with your order. Most of the products at NP are very effective. Take a look around. You definitely won't regret it. What you spent on the Halo could've most likely bought you a very good stack of a few different things from NP. Don't be ashamed, though. We all make mistakes. Some of us learn, some don't. I shopped at GNC only twice throughout my whole life. To no surprise, it was to buy BSN's NO-Xplode. I might as well had just mixed caffeine, sugar, flavoring, and creatine monohydrate. I could've gotten all of that in bulk. It was just a waste.

If you're wanting to bulk, then check the Bulking forum. You'll find a lot of help there. Also, look into getting something like Isogainer. Some kind of weight-gainer. Look around the Recipes forum, too. You'll find some very delicious recipes for homemade weight-gainer shakes, which are more cost-efficient and much healtheir. The Bulking and Nutrition forums will both help you a lot with any questions involving your diet, macro's, etc.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

hey man.. stones huh? are you from jolly old england?

If your shootin for a bulk your gonna wanna get some more protein in some of your meals (which are already quite clean -- well done!) .. if your 11 stone you gotta be like .. 150-155? I think? ha well at that weight if you could get ~30 grams of protein into your breakfast and snacks your diet would be looking good (5 meals x ~30 = ~150 protein) which is essentially a gram per pound..

Also, I would try to shoot for 30-40 grams of complex carbs during each one of those meals.. oats always work great BUT since you dont like those, any quality grains, sweet potatoes, etc. should work fine.. Dont worry about eating a little too much, cause on a bulk it will typically only make sure your getting all the nutrients you can handle..

ohhh and peanut butter! haha peanut butter is great on everything, but you wanna shoot for the healthier ones that are rich with omegas and healthy fats.. I usually put it on english muffins, pita pockets, and any type of bread (or just eat it out of the container).. tasty

I would invest in some whey to make it a little easier and quicker when you need protein quickly and for pwo.. and NY above me was right about the bulk supplies -- I generally think most of the hyped up supps aren't worth it.. but I would go with some straight up creatine mono and possibly a pre-workout supp to get you in the gym and movin sh!t around..

good luck buddy
    •   

4. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post

If your shootin for a bulk your gonna wanna get some more protein in some of your meals (which are already quite clean -- well done!) .. if your 11 stone you gotta be like .. 150-155? I think? ha well at that weight if you could get ~30 grams of protein into your breakfast and snacks your diet would be looking good (5 meals x ~30 = ~150 protein) which is essentially a gram per pound..

Also, I would try to shoot for 30-40 grams of complex carbs during each one of those meals.. oats always work great BUT since you dont like those, any quality grains, sweet potatoes, etc. should work fine.. Dont worry about eating a little too much, cause on a bulk it will typically only make sure your getting all the nutrients you can handle..

ohhh and peanut butter! haha peanut butter is great on everything, but you wanna shoot for the healthier ones that are rich with omegas and healthy fats.. I usually put it on english muffins, pita pockets, and any type of bread (or just eat it out of the container).. tasty

I would invest in some whey to make it a little easier and quicker when you need protein quickly and for pwo.. and NY above me was right about the bulk supplies -- I generally think most of the hyped up supps aren't worth it.. but I would go with some straight up creatine mono and possibly a pre-workout supp to get you in the gym and movin sh!t around..

good luck buddy
    Kre-Alkalyn 1500, or CreaPure, and Ragnarok, perhaps?
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGuyinNY View Post
    Absolutely!
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  190 lbs.

As one anabolicmind forum user once said 'Eat like a horse and train really hard you will grow'
  7. New Member

Thanks for your replies. Very friendly and you know what you're talking about.

Stay away from GNC, especially MT products. They're way too underdosed and overpriced. Shop at Nutraplanet. They're very affordable, have great customer service, quick shipping, and occasionally toss in samples and other free goodies with your order. Most of the products at NP are very effective. Take a look around. You definitely won't regret it.
    Thanks - I will take your advice. I guess it's like what they say "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    I am from England!

I will have a look for some Creatine Mono. Is there a make of creatine that you would say is "The best" or are they all pretty much the same? Also. Is Muscle Milk any good, and could you take a guess at my BF%?

I will have a look for these supps, and let you know how i get on.

I will also post updated pictures up each month? See how or if i'm progressing.

Thanks again guys
    - Shevlyn
  8. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

creatine monohydrate is creatine monohydrate, no branding matters. Muscle milk is ok while you are bulking, not while you are trying to loose fat. I'm guessing your bodyfat is a little lower than your estimate, maybe 14%
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  9. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    creatine monohydrate is creatine monohydrate, no branding matters. Muscle milk is ok while you are bulking, not while you are trying to loose fat. I'm guessing your bodyfat is a little lower than your estimate, maybe 14%

Thanks for the info. I'll get some supps ordered, and try putting more protein into my meals. My guess is to be doing all the major core workouts, Deadlifts, Bench, Pullups, squats to bulk?

PS: For breakfast, has anyone used the Kashi products?

Thanks again
    - Shevlyn
  10. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Kashi is ok, Musli is another one given you being in the UK that should be nicely available. a cup of musli in a cup of cottage cheese makes for a nice tasty breakfast (I like the raspberry and almond one that way).

Do a well rounded workout routine that includes those, don't focus on just them
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  11. Banned

Creatine mono is creatine mono, however, CreaPure is 99% absorbable and Kre-Aklalyn 1500 is 100% absorbable. Those would be your best options. They're also very affordable. I'd also look into a pre-workout supplement that contains several different kinds of creatine, or you could always order bulk kinds of creatine from NP and mix them.
  12. New Member

Creatine mono is creatine mono, however, CreaPure is 99% absorbable and Kre-Aklalyn 1500 is 100% absorbable. Those would be your best options. They're also very affordable. I'd also look into a pre-workout supplement that contains several different kinds of creatine, or you could always order bulk kinds of creatine from NP and mix them.
    Just to let you guys know. I've just placed an order for CreaPURE today. I can't find a place in the UK that sells Ragnarok though, Is there an other option to go for.

These supps won't do magic - i know it's all about hard work and a good diet. I'll let you know when i start to take CreaPURE: any affects that i get.

PS: MaxiMuscle. Are they a good source to buy from?
  13. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shevlyn View Post
    Just to let you guys know. I've just placed an order for CreaPURE today. I can't find a place in the UK that sells Ragnarok though, Is there an other option to go for.

These supps won't do magic - i know it's all about hard work and a good diet. I'll let you know when i start to take CreaPURE: any affects that i get.

PS: MaxiMuscle. Are they a good source to buy from?
    If you're able to purchase online, then go to the NP website. You'll find Ragnarok there. Good choice in the creatine!
  14. New Member

Should i start using CreaPURE as soon as i get it? Once per day?
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  172 lbs.

At least he didnt buy "dat dere Cell Tech!"
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gtarzan81 View Post
    At least he didnt buy "dat dere Cell Tech!"
    haha he was smart enough to ask about MT before he bought anything -- which, for a beginner, is well done in my book
  17. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shevlyn View Post
    Should i start using CreaPURE as soon as i get it? Once per day?
    I'm not sure if a 'loading phase' is required with CreaPure, but it should say somewhere on the instructions. I have yet to purchase CP. I've just been reading so much about it and am very anxious to try it. It sounds terrific.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Holding myself accountable, my diet and training log
    By 3clipseGT in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 05-08-2011, 08:12 PM
  2. HGHUp and anabolic od or anabolic halo?
    By marksdiman123 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 11:30 AM
  3. Anabolic Halo and hair loss
    By ReNight in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-02-2009, 05:13 PM
  4. Anabolic Halo and Hydroxycut hardcore?
    By AJamrani in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 01:47 AM
  5. my diet and trainings program
    By Sonnny in forum Bulking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 04:48 PM