SLDLs: 425X5 - A new personal best for me :)

Sporto

Sporto

Awards
  • Established
Now, This is the way I perform my SLDLs. I am completely open for critique on form. I've always slightly bent the knees and set my hips back when doing these. I noticed my lower back started to round a little on reps 4 and 5, but it was my 3rd work set of 5, and I had just done 405 for 5 and 415 for 5

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZV4yVcQRKs"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Sporto

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
All look good to me. Gotta ask though, were you using straps? I can't tell in the video and that would be a hella long time to hold 425 with a double overhand grip.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Holy crap! That was sic man. Perfect form on all of them, i even think you had a few more in ya!
I also think i need to adjust my form on them. It seem you bend you legsa bit more than me, and you def know what your doing.

Peace.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
thats the way i do em.

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
I keep my legs a little straighter when I did them, but I can't do them any more because my lower backs messed up(hmmm maybe I should have bent my knees a little bit)

Sporto

Sporto

Awards
  • Established
All look good to me. Gotta ask though, were you using straps? I can't tell in the video and that would be a hella long time to hold 425 with a double overhand grip.
I use straps...I don't think my grip is that good :)

Sporto

Sporto

Sporto

Awards
  • Established
Holy crap! That was sic man. Perfect form on all of them, i even think you had a few more in ya!
I also think i need to adjust my form on them. It seem you bend you legsa bit more than me, and you def know what your doing.

Peace.
A little bend in the legs is good for longevity. That's not an exercise I would recommend you lock your knees out on or close to...you'll still feel it where you should just fine!

Sporto

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Good form and that's some awesome weight man, personally i prefer dumbbells, as i find i can target my hams better as opposed to feeling it in my lower back.

OpKang101

OpKang101

Awards
A little bend in the legs is good for longevity. That's not an exercise I would recommend you lock your knees out on or close to...you'll still feel it where you should just fine!

Sporto
wow, awesome job big buy!

thats better form than most people
i tend to go a bit faster

and i agree with bending the knees a bit, easier on the joints and not to mention i feel it work my hamstrings and legs a bit more with the knees bent.

Sporto

Sporto

Awards
  • Established
Good form and that's some awesome weight man, personally i prefer dumbbells, as i find i can target my hams better as opposed to feeling it in my lower back.
Thanks Chaps...

My lower back is a big strength of mine (as it's obvious in my rear poses that it is rather big for the rest of my back), and I actually don't get fatigue much even when doing heavy weights like this :)

Sporto

thewrx

Awards
Not sure but aren't those Roman DL's. Lookin good either way.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Training Forum 10