how do you train the muscle inbetween the tricep and bicep?

stankydanky

Awards
Hey when lookin at bodybuilders when they flex their arms, like say in the double bi back pose, they seem to have this muscle that seems like its right inbetween the tricep and bicep. First of all what is this muscle called and how would you work it?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got a picture? I am confused about what you're talking about.

Big L

Awards
I think he's talking about the biceps brachialis, Rodja. Try throwing some hammer curls into your routine.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think he's talking about the biceps brachialis, Rodja. Try throwing some hammer curls into your routine.
Yes, hammer curls. Real heavy! I am the thundergod and use my mighty hammer mjolnir, and that helped mine grow also!!

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
Is there a difference between hammer curl and hammer curl inward toward the chest?

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is there a difference between hammer curl and hammer curl inward toward the chest?
I do mine more towards the chest. I think it takes a little more of the biceps out of the movement. But try both for a periodic variation. ODIN BLESS!!!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I was just about to post this a day ago and figured i'd wait cause i thought i had it figured to be the tri muscle seem to wrap around a bit....Im goin to go grab a pic....hold on!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
View attachment VM.bmp

THAT! I could fin a good back double bi. And i wanted to use the soon to be new Mr.O, IMO. Victor Martinez

I use the rope on cable curls sometimes and yes mix in hammer curls and wide grip straight bar curls.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
theres two head to the tricep. that would be the more lateral head,

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Yea when i do dips between benches and such i tend to feel it more there.
Its just got to be tough to build it that much to show. After awhile too if you notice the bicep tend to look "smaller" form a back double bi. If you look at most of the pro's there outer arm is like this(victor) more tri curve around. The bi really is more of a front showing muscle once you start packing on the size.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought stanky-danky was thinking about the brachialis also. The small muscle between the tri and bi! That's why I suggested hammer curls.

diminuendo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
There are actually three heads, hence tri ceps.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
(raises hand)-----the biceps have 2.......and the quads have 4. :thumbsup:

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Haha, this sh!t's funny...
Hammers
Revers grip curls/superset

williamszues

williamszues

Awards
good work outs for chest and abs

hi can someone tell me some good work outs for chest and abs to help me rip easy and tone thanks :squat:

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Use your imagination :lol:

I am just hoping it aint.
O' but it is!!lol..... I'm just going to imagine myself in a different thread with no nude male avy's!!!:nono: See ya around liquid..
Dude seriously:wtf:

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
That muscle in the picture is the brachialis... i just took anatomy...

Adrenolin

Adrenolin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
http://exrx.net/Muscles/Brachialis.html

its the brachialis, you can work it with hammer curls, reverse grip barbell and ez bar curls, and pronated grip pullups.

my brother has really noticeable brachialis, he thinks he got it from playing baseball like swinging the bat everyday....

Adrenolin

Adrenolin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
heres a pic, check in b/w bi and tri, and you will see the brachialis

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
So the one i posted is a branch off the tricep. The new pic is different muscle it seems?

Batesy

Awards
Yes. The muscle occupying most of your red circle (with the long tendon going down to the elbow if this is the one you mean) is the lateral head of the tris. Next to that, also in your circle on the right is what I also agree is the brachialis.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
what about overhand curls? They seem to work that muscle for me along with forearms.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what about overhand curls? They seem to work that muscle for me along with forearms.
By overhand, you mean reverse-grip curls. I love them, especially with an EZ-curl bar. Try them on a preacher bench like Arnold!

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
You have to have pretty low bodyfat to get a good look at "the bump"...maybe you already have at least a bit of development there but you just can't see it cus your bodyfat is too high?

Adrenolin

Adrenolin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You have to have pretty low bodyfat to get a good look at "the bump"...maybe you already have at least a bit of development there but you just can't see it cus your bodyfat is too high?
true that, my bodyfat is about 13.5 and i cant see it at all, though i can feel it....

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
yea. It's something i know i wont ver see till i cut down. I can feel it there though.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yes i believe they hit it as well...at least im under this impression

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea. It's something i know i wont ver see till i cut down. I can feel it there though.
yea its great when you can see it....i have a friend who has great conditioning and i remember in like 10th or 11th grade we were all like wtf is that dude??? and when i researched and told everyone we all wanted it lol

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
yea its great when you can see it....i have a friend who has great conditioning and i remember in like 10th or 11th grade we were all like wtf is that dude??? and when i researched and told everyone we all wanted it lol
...that's called a penis by-the-way.

:toofunny:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FOOFAC

FOOFAC

Awards
  • Established
Yeah incline hammer curls will hit the brachialis better than standing hammer curls and equally taxes the lateral head of the bicep, great for building peak. If not trying to bring up a lagging brachialis, close grip barbell curls will hit the brachialis, medial & lateral bicep equally.