Routine while cutting?

  1. New Member
    glipp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    140
    Answers
    0

    Routine while cutting?


    I am considering beginning a cutting phase. Wanted to get people's opinions on routine's they favor during this phase. I have been doing 5x5 but not sure w/ reduced calories and the intensity of this program I will recover well enough. Anyone use 5x5 on a cut or I am also considering HST. Opinions. I don't want to overtrain w/ reduced calories during this phase. This is my main concern. Want to obviously maintain as much muscle as I can as well.


  2. Banned
    warvictim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    73
    Answers
    0

    Hello, what do you exactly mean by 5 x 5 system? I've heard of the 5 x 5 system of training. But i don't know what it is really? Does it mean 5 reps per 5 sets for each muscle group?

    warvictim

    Quote Originally Posted by glipp View Post
    I am considering beginning a cutting phase. Wanted to get people's opinions on routine's they favor during this phase. I have been doing 5x5 but not sure w/ reduced calories and the intensity of this program I will recover well enough. Anyone use 5x5 on a cut or I am also considering HST. Opinions. I don't want to overtrain w/ reduced calories during this phase. This is my main concern. Want to obviously maintain as much muscle as I can as well.

  3. New Member
    glipp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    140
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by warvictim View Post
    Hello, what do you exactly mean by 5 x 5 system? I've heard of the 5 x 5 system of training. But i don't know what it is really? Does it mean 5 reps per 5 sets for each muscle group?

    warvictim

    It is a full body system of training that focuses on compund lifts ie: squat, bench, deadlift to help build strength and mass. You do 5 sets of 5 reps. There are various ways to do this and a few versions. I think most ramp up through out their 5 sets to a higher weight, as oppossed to the same weight for each set. Here is a link to a decent description of Bill starr's 5x5 version of the program Bill Starr 5x5 - Madcow Intermediate or Linear Version

    •   
       

  4. Banned
    warvictim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    73
    Answers
    0

    Hello, thanks a lot for the answer, i will go and check it out

    warvictim

    Quote Originally Posted by glipp View Post
    It is a full body system of training that focuses on compund lifts ie: squat, bench, deadlift to help build strength and mass. You do 5 sets of 5 reps. There are various ways to do this and a few versions. I think most ramp up through out their 5 sets to a higher weight, as oppossed to the same weight for each set. Here is a link to a decent description of Bill starr's 5x5 version of the program Bill Starr 5x5 - Madcow Intermediate or Linear Version

  5. New Member
    glipp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    140
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by warvictim View Post
    Hello, thanks a lot for the answer, i will go and check it out

    warvictim
    No problem. Give it a shot and see if you like it. It is a popular program and you will see it alot here on the boards. Enjoy.

  6. New Member
    Adrenolin's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    224
    Answers
    0

    when i cut weight which i currently am i dont change my workout at all, i just up the intensity, so far ive lost 18lbs and increased my strength

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Training routine while cutting?
    By Lord_Of_Iron in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2014, 10:15 AM
  2. training routine while cutting
    By ClaudioAnimal in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-30-2013, 02:21 PM
  3. Favorite Lifting Routine While on a Cut?
    By SHSUStudent in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-05-2009, 04:08 PM
  4. what's the best routine while cutting?
    By jeff33333 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-14-2005, 12:10 AM
  5. changeing routine while on cycle, need opinions
    By metacat in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-31-2002, 04:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in