Tricep Development?

sr71A

Awards
Ok guys. There are lots of great pointers on bicep training but with tricep making up 2/3 of the arm mass, anyone care to share their tricep workouts? My tricep simply kill my overall physique!

Any tricep shockers and wokouts be greatly aprpeciated.

I switch things up with high reps, sometimes low strict reps..
Done it all including heavy close grips, cable pull downs, over head dumbell extensions, weighted dips! :rant: Just nothing works again to build my triceps into horse shoes! UGH!

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
:gotsearch no offense...but really, how many threads on triceps training are out here....

sfearl1

sfearl1

Awards
  • Established
heavy incline skullcrushers, one arm reverse cable pressdowns, close grip bench = helluva tricep workout

sr71A

Awards
OK OK! Will do the search.. I usually ALWAYS search.. a bit of a newcomer here. :box: :type:

jammer4

Awards
1. parallel dips

2. incline or flat bench skulls

3. straight bar tri. ext's

4. close grip DROP SET

i put on 5 10's each side and do 10 reps= 1 sets
strip a 10 each side (4 10's for you meatheads)= 2 sets

strip 10's down til its just the bar (it feels like 200 lbs) and do as many reps as possible

so thats 6 sets of close grip wit no break, DONT CHEAT and ur arms will b huuuuurtin

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1. parallel dips

2. incline or flat bench skulls

3. straight bar tri. ext's

4. close grip DROP SET

i put on 5 10's each side and do 10 reps= 1 sets
strip a 10 each side (4 10's for you meatheads)= 2 sets

strip 10's down til its just the bar (it feels like 200 lbs) and do as many reps as possible

so thats 6 sets of close grip wit no break, DONT CHEAT and ur arms will b huuuuurtin
Why do a burn-out on CG? This creates more overload on the muscle than any other lift and, IMO, should be the foundation of triceps work. My triceps routine is:
CG BP
Flat or Decline Lying Extensions
Pressdowns

If you want to do a drop set, then the pressdowns are ideal.

jammer4

Awards
i do chest/triceps the same day, i shoulda wrote that in

AppliedBaby

AppliedBaby

Awards
love a heavy pull down with the straight bar on the cables...

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Ok guys. There are lots of great pointers on bicep training but with tricep making up 2/3 of the arm mass, anyone care to share their tricep workouts? My tricep simply kill my overall physique!

Any tricep shockers and wokouts be greatly aprpeciated.

I switch things up with high reps, sometimes low strict reps..
Done it all including heavy close grips, cable pull downs, over head dumbell extensions, weighted dips! :rant: Just nothing works again to build my triceps into horse shoes! UGH!
Triple set push downs with increasing weight.

MEH89

MEH89

Awards
  • Established
CG Bench Press
Floor Press
Rack Lockouts
Skull Crusher/ Nose Breakers
Dips
Pressdowns
Push Ups

Those are all the ones I do. I mostly train for strength, but triceps are my strongest bodypart, beside quads.

GymRat5972

GymRat5972

Awards
FB Skull Crushers 4 x 10
Rope Press Down 4 x 10 clean and extend the ropes at bottom
Dips 4 x failure
Hammer strength Press down for Mass 4 failure

They will feel like they are going to explode when done

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
most people have well developed triceps - the problem is the back part of the horseshoe i'm guessing (since that's most people's lagging area). to target that, i don't know the term (methinks blasters), but will call it a "W" bar, since thats what it resembles. use the tricep pull down machine, attach the "W" bar, grab the outer parts ( \ and / ) with an underhand grip, and pick a weight that works for you. you should feel it real quick.

my routine
dips 3x10 unweighted
blasters 4x10 80 lbs
skullcrushers 4x10 95 lbs (overhand grip)
tricep rope pushdown 1x?? 80 lbs till failure

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
to target that, i don't know the term, but will call it a "W" bar, since thats what it resembles. use the tricep pull down machine, attach the "W" bar, grab the outer parts ( \ and / ) with an underhand grip, and pick a weight that works for you. you should feel it real quick.
I agree, the "curling bar" attached to an upper pulley works well. Lighter weight done very strictly get wonderful contractions.

I also swear by 1 arm db 45 degree extensions laying flat on a bench.