Rate my split - Make any suggestions!

Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Rate my split - Make any suggestions!

Sunday - Off.

Monday - ~20-35 mins of cardio; chest, abs.

Tuesday - No cardio; arms - biceps, triceps.

Wednesday - ~20-35 mins of cardio; back, abs.

Thursday - No cardio; legs.

Friday - ~20-35 mins of cardio; chest, arms - biceps, triceps, abs.

Saturday - Off.

I wanna burn fat, but also gain as much LBM as possible.

I'll occasionally go into the gym on 'off' days, if I have any extra energy I wanna wear off, or if I have any aggression that I wanna take out on the weights.

I'll also occasionally do the usual, such as jumping jacks, push-ups, sit-ups, etc.

Rate my split and make any suggestions, or ask any questions.

I'd really appreciate any advice given.

Thanks!

:dl: :squat: :good: :clean:

2. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.23%

There is a couple of things I 've noticed about your split. Most notably, you have no shoulder day. I know you are interested in becoming a bouncer, and shoulders will give you that wider look.

Another thing; unless you are training them lightly, I wouldn't train arms so many time in a week. Once a week, in addition to being supporting muscles on you're back, shoulder and chest day, should be enough. otherwise you risk over training them.

You also have an arm day in between your chest and back day. This means your tri's will be tired and overworked, and your bi's will be drained on your back day, meaning you won't be able to push your lats as hard as possible.

I would something like suggest this;

mon: chest
    tues: back
    wed: shoulder
    thur: legs
    fri: bis+tris

This is good, but I might take a day off between my back and shoulders to prevent injury, or you could take tuesday off, and put back and shoulder's on wednesday. There are a lot of different options.

Please take this for what it's worth. There is a reason I don't train clients over the internet, because I'm not there to figure out your specific needs, but if hypertrophy is your goal, these are probably good suggestions.

DB2000
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.03%

Do the plans for cardio, and working abs on Mon, Wed, and Fri, look good?
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.23%

Yeah that's fine. Do it at the end of your workout, and if you are trying to gain size, don't push yourself to hard on it.
  5. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGuyinNY View Post
    Sunday - Off.

Monday - ~20-35 mins of cardio; chest, abs.

Tuesday - No cardio; arms - biceps, triceps.

Wednesday - ~20-35 mins of cardio; back, abs.

Thursday - No cardio; legs.

Friday - ~20-35 mins of cardio; chest, arms - biceps, triceps, abs.

Saturday - Off.

I wanna burn fat, but also gain as much LBM as possible.

I'll occasionally go into the gym on 'off' days, if I have any extra energy I wanna wear off, or if I have any aggression that I wanna take out on the weights.

I'll also occasionally do the usual, such as jumping jacks, push-ups, sit-ups, etc.

Rate my split and make any suggestions, or ask any questions.

I'd really appreciate any advice given.

Thanks!

:dl: :squat: :good: :clean:
    CONGRATS MGNY for setting out your routine and for making goals.

One thing I noticed is where you say you go into the gym on off days and do the usual jumping jacks push-ups etc.

IMO this is contrary to your goals. You should be resting and recovery on off days not do any physical activity. Also I do not see the point of doing jumping jacks, push ups etc. Get in the gym hit warm up, hit the muscles hard, get out and go recover.

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.03%

Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post
    CONGRATS MGNY for setting out your routine and for making goals.

One thing I noticed is where you say you go into the gym on off days and do the usual jumping jacks push-ups etc.

IMO this is contrary to your goals. You should be resting and recovery on off days not do any physical activity. Also I do not see the point of doing jumping jacks, push ups etc. Get in the gym hit warm up, hit the muscles hard, get out and go recover.

CROWLER
    It's usually a 10-20 minute thing. I undertand that, in some cases, that little bit of time can make all the difference, be it good or bad. I sometimes just feel the need to lift some heavy weights and get some aggression out, or run around to rid of any excess energy. Very rarely do I do this, but I've done it, so I figured I should mention it. I sometimes take time to go sit in the sauna, or hot tub, and maybe even take a quick dip in the pool to cool off, after my workout.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.03%

Quote Originally Posted by Dancebot 2000 View Post
    Yeah that's fine. Do it at the end of your workout, and if you are trying to gain size, don't push yourself to hard on it.
    I eventually plan on cutting down the cardio time. I wanna shed as much fat as possible while working for LBM. I'll be sure to do this after my workout.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.03%

Bump!
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  248 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.15%

I like to keep shoulders and arms away from back and chest on a 5 days split because they get worked during pressing and rowing movements. In my experience low intensity cardio 120-130 beats per min short duration 20-30 minutes should not hurt your muscle building efforts. I also adjust the resistance of the cardio equipment as I'm using it. If I start to feel a burn I reduce the resistance and keep doing this through the session. The burn is a build up of lactic acid which is a by product of anaerobic training and a good indication that you are not doing low intensity cardio. First thing in the morning on an empty stomach or right after weight training will give you better results because your blood glucose is lower at these times so you will start to burn fat sooner. Hight intensity cardio will burn more fat but will also impact on your weight training efforts. I would also be careful with too much ab training. You need to keep them strong but I doubt you would want them to be thick. About 20 yrs ago I built my abs to the point that the top row stuck off more than my pecs and my obliques were huge!

mon: back
    tues: chest
    wed: legs
    thur: delts+traps
    fri: bis+tris
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.03%

I used to do 5 sets of 10 reps. Is this sufficient, or should I possibly tone things down a bit?
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.78%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGuyinNY View Post
    I used to do 5 sets of 10 reps. Is this sufficient, or should I possibly tone things down a bit?
    sort of a lot total reps. if it were me i would do each one of these for a few weeks, month, whatever, but every so often rotate to a different one. i think these three ways are good to rotate between:5x6, 3x10, 4x8 (ie. sets x reps) this way total reps are 30-32 reps and your body does not get used to your training routine, so you keep gaining.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.03%

Quote Originally Posted by heebs10 View Post
    sort of a lot total reps. if it were me i would do each one of these for a few weeks, month, whatever, but every so often rotate to a different one. i think these three ways are good to rotate between:5x6, 3x10, 4x8 (ie. sets x reps) this way total reps are 30-32 reps and your body does not get used to your training routine, so you keep gaining.
    It makes sense and this is some great feedback. I really appreciate it!
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.03%

So, I've reviewed this information for one last time and this is what I've come up with;

WEEK #1
    * Will do 5 sets of 6 reps each. Each week will alternate between 5x6, 4x8, and 3x10.

Sunday - OFF.

Monday - Chest; Abs and 20-30 mins of Cardio after workout.

Tuesday - Back.

Wednesday - Shoulders; Abs and 20-30 mins of Cardio after workout.

Thursday - Legs.

Friday - Arms, Bi's + Tri's; Abs and 20-30 mins of Cardio after workout.

Saturday - OFF.

Time for questions...

1. If I'll be doing approximately 20 mins of Cardio after each workout (Mon, Wed, Fri), then about how long should I make my lifting session for?

2. On what days should I do squats and deadlifts?

3. Since I'll be doing my Cardio after my workout on Mon, Wed, and Fri, should I consume my PWO shake during my cardio, or should I wait until after I complete my cardio?

Thanks again for all of the feedback, guys! I really do appreciate it.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  211 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.06%

Ok. We all have similar questions so lets get on this people....
    The big thing is also to listen to your body ( your joints, mood, and your appetite ) A lot of have serious OCD when it comes to the gym
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  211 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.06%

When you look at the split you should probably look at whats worked for you before and how long you've been on your split.The 5X5 is awesome but its so different from a BB workout that it tweaks the brain to much to do the right number of sets and reps without wanting to do wrist curls or something because we think that if don't do isolation work its not doing anything.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.03%

Quote Originally Posted by dbl38 View Post
    When you look at the split you should probably look at whats worked for you before and how long you've been on your split.The 5X5 is awesome but its so different from a BB workout that it tweaks the brain to much to do the right number of sets and reps without wanting to do wrist curls or something because we think that if don't do isolation work its not doing anything.
    I used to do circuit training, but that was 5 days per week. My different muscle groups hardly had any time to recover and grow. I definitely shed fat and toned, and I did jack up a bit, but I am very sure that I could've gotten so much bigger, had I taken each muscle group day by day.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.32%

Yes dont forgot the shoulders, i left them out for like 2 months and now my body looks it too so im working hard to bring some shoulders back to catch up with the rest of my body...

Similar Forum Threads

1. my new cycle any suggestions?
    By maikl cy in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 05:13 PM
  2. My Lab Work - Any suggestions?
    By mrmagoo2010 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-15-2013, 09:36 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2012, 04:20 PM
  4. Replies: 43