Help me become a nightclub bouncer

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User

WTF, so you guillotined him out cold and then broke his arm with an armbar? Who are you, Bas friggin Rutten. Not saying you're lying at all, just lookin for some clarification.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    WTF, so you guillotined him out cold and then broke his arm with an armbar? Who are you, Bas friggin Rutten. Not saying you're lying at all, just lookin for some clarification.
    Marlon Sims!
  3. Registered User

Learn how to talk to people, this will help you the most. I wouldn't worry about getting huge. Size helps but majority of the time if you know how to deal with people you can usually talk them down or atleast get them to walk outside with you and then its no longer your problem. I've been doing security since I was in college and have worked at one of the biggest clubs on the east coast so I know from experience. Also don't be a hardass, it will only get you in trouble. Remember people are there to have fun... and its not personal. People get drunk and are not in the right state of mind. A lot of guys I worked with(specifically smaller guys/tough guys) always got off on kicking people out and they were always the ones that got knocked the **** out or hurt when they tried to push around the wrong person.

For the most part... people will back down when the bouncers get involved but of course you always get those hard asses that try to fight you. I would definitely advise against hitting anyone unless it is absolutely necessary as pointed out in an earlier post. It will just be more of hassle for nothing. That doesn't mean dont protect yourself it just means think before you hit.

I could go on and on about the DO's and DON'TS but you'll learn once you do it for awhile.
    •   

4. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    no he never went out and I sure didn't break his arm. thats just how it went down.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bering C View Post
    no he never went out and I sure didn't break his arm. thats just how it went down.
    I'm confused too. So you guillotined and pulled guard, the guillotine slipped off and you transitioned to armbar? Something's fishy in the Bering C.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  190 lbs.

Do major movements like Bench Presses, Deadlifts, Squads etc they work major groups...
  7. Registered User

If your not into self defense already, start learning. Cuz size and the projection of strength matters nyet to a drunken group.
  8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chaos254 View Post
    Learn how to talk to people, this will help you the most. I wouldn't worry about getting huge. Size helps but majority of the time if you know how to deal with people you can usually talk them down or atleast get them to walk outside with you and then its no longer your problem. I've been doing security since I was in college and have worked at one of the biggest clubs on the east coast so I know from experience. Also don't be a hardass, it will only get you in trouble. Remember people are there to have fun... and its not personal. People get drunk and are not in the right state of mind. A lot of guys I worked with(specifically smaller guys/tough guys) always got off on kicking people out and they were always the ones that got knocked the **** out or hurt when they tried to push around the wrong person.

For the most part... people will back down when the bouncers get involved but of course you always get those hard asses that try to fight you. I would definitely advise against hitting anyone unless it is absolutely necessary as pointed out in an earlier post. It will just be more of hassle for nothing. That doesn't mean dont protect yourself it just means think before you hit.

I could go on and on about the DO's and DON'TS but you'll learn once you do it for awhile.
    Really good advice. The best victory is the one you can handle without your fists.
  9. Registered User

What corrections dept is going to hire somebody fresh off probation and in an anger management program? IMO, the last thing you want to do is become a nightclub bouncer right before you are about to get hired in any law enforcement position. You can jeopardize your career if having to take any action in a physical confrontation, IE u kick someone out, get physical, said person sues you, now when you go to apply for an LE position, you have an open case, even if it is only civil. DOES NOT look good, trust me
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'6"  243 lbs.

I've bounced and done private security for 10 years now. Your voice is the most important thing, i've talked down MANY dumb drunk ass celebs here in Minneapolis. ( Hi Allen Iverson. ..lol )

Anyhoo, make sure you focus on your flexability and reflexes too while ur muscling up, theres a lotta guys I work with that are jacked to the gills and can't move to save their lives. its kinda funny actually
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Lee View Post
    I've bounced and done private security for 10 years now. Your voice is the most important thing, i've talked down MANY dumb drunk ass celebs here in Minneapolis. ( Hi Allen Iverson. ..lol )
    tell me you threw a haymaker at that cocky SOB?!!
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'6"  243 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post
    tell me you threw a haymaker at that cocky SOB?!!
    LOL. No he left without physical incident but he wanted to save face by yelling and cursing as we walked his people out of the club which us usually what the fake tough guys wanna do is save face. I was hoping this guy in his entourage would have tried striking me tho. He was the typical mistreat the women in the bar cuz I'm with a celeb cling on.

Be careful bro I hope people aren't as lawsuit happy as they are here. I had to go to court for laying out a guy who was beating up his girl at the club. Then they both turn around and press assault charges for me saving her ass. LOL

Sorry I'm thread jacking now. My bad dude
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Be careful bro I hope people aren't as lawsuit happy as they are here. I had to go to court for laying out a guy who was beating up his girl at the club. Then they both turn around and press assault charges for me saving her ass. LOL
    Damn, what trash. Hope nothing bad came of it for you.

Last time I got into a fight was about 6 years ago. After getting arrested and having to worry about getting sued for dental expenses, I've tried to stay away from street fights.
  14. Banned

LOL. No he left without physical incident but he wanted to save face by yelling and cursing as we walked his people out of the club which us usually what the fake tough guys wanna do is save face. I was hoping this guy in his entourage would have tried striking me tho. He was the typical mistreat the women in the bar cuz I'm with a celeb cling on.

Battery against women is most definitely not tolerated in my area. If I saw a guy, anywhere, beating on a woman, then I'd step in and pound the shyt out of him, whether I was on the job or not. I had to see my mother deal with bullshyt like that while I was growing up. She's had some pretty shytty men in her life. I've also gone out with several women who had been beaten in previous relationships. If there was ever a physical altercation between a man and a woman at the club, then I'd be all over the guy, as I'm sure many other bouncers and patrons would. Once the city police were to arrive, then they'd most likely begin punching his ass around a bit, too. I'm not stereotyping at all right now, but there are many rednecks and blacks in my area, including a growing number of hispanics from the city. I live probably about 5 hours north of NYC. But, anyways, it's usually the rednecks and blacks around the area who are 'slap-happy' towards women, but the rednecks and blacks don't get along with one another either. There is still quite a bit of racial bullshyt going on in my area, but I'm glad that it has toned down a lot.
  15. Banned

Even if it is the celebrity's fault, they allow for their money and lawyers to do the fighting for them in the courtrooms, to help keep their asses out of trouble.
  16. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SureShot View Post
    What corrections dept is going to hire somebody fresh off probation and in an anger management program? IMO, the last thing you want to do is become a nightclub bouncer right before you are about to get hired in any law enforcement position. You can jeopardize your career if having to take any action in a physical confrontation, IE u kick someone out, get physical, said person sues you, now when you go to apply for an LE position, you have an open case, even if it is only civil. DOES NOT look good, trust me
    You don't realize how many COs are on probation, or how many grow/smoke marijuana. But, anyways, I actually got a letter from the Department of Civil Service yesterday. I kicked ass on the Corrections test. My name's been added to the list, so if I can't get back in federal before I turn 21 in August, then I'll go into Corrections. Also, going federal or state could possibly help me get off probation rather early, which would be amazing.

Also, I'm not in an anger management class. It's called 'VIP,' which stands for the Violence Intervention Program. It's more like counseling than anger management. It's advertised as being 'voluntary,' but what happens if probation recommends it and you don't take the class? They consider it a violation against your terms of probation, put a warrant out for your arrest, and you get arrested. I'd much rather do what probation tells me, so that I can get this done and over with. They also tried sticking me into out-patient drug and alcohol classes, only because I've admitted to drinking and smoking pot in my past. The rehab facility conducted an hour long evaluation with me and came to the conclusion that it was nonsense for me to be referred by probation. So, that was a plus.
  17. Banned

No offense at all,but if you were 205 at 5'8" and asking what exercises to do,then you're either gifted or were juicing like crazy.I cant beleive no ones telling you to do more hardcore exercises(except for sq's and deads)Whoever said to do kick backs and called pushdowns the mother of tri ex is crazy(no offense again)I guees next leg extensions are the mother of leg ex.If you want big strong tri's,you focus on big heavy lifts like close grip bench and dips(the mother of tri ex)keep the elbows in and you will feel the tris working and they will get sore,maybe throw in some skull crushers as well.Only do the heavy lifts,they recruit more muscle fibers and cause more overload on the muscle,and being as strong as possible will obvisouly benefit you.focus on deads,pullups,bb rows,bench presses,military presses,dips,close grips,skull crushers,bb curls,chins,sq's,stiff legged deads,and some calf raises, because small calfs on a built guy is just ridiculous.Keep your reps 6-8 and maybe go lower every now and then.6-8will build size and strength,while the lower reps will build more strength than size,but will add up to size later.Good luck with your prob.,i got 9 months left on mine,the s**t sucks.my p o told me to be ready for a piss test next visit,i love having a guy watch me piss in a cup.I suggested this to another guy,go to t-nation.com to read their articles.they post 1-2 new ones mon-fri.their verry informative,helpfull,and some times funny.you can go to their article library(i beleive)to read their old ones.If you have been reading their articles for a couple months,you wouldn't of had to ask your question,same for a lot of other questons i see on here.If you're into bb,get a subscription to one of the mags,i like muscular development.you can never learn too much,I've heard pro bb's in their late 30's say their still learning.kai greene said his friend in martial arts learned that when he got his black belt,thats when the training actually began when he thought he would be done at that point.Kai said thats very similar to bodybuilding.
  18. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pantera101 View Post
    No offense at all,but if you were 205 at 5'8" and asking what exercises to do,then you're either gifted or were juicing like crazy.I cant beleive no ones telling you to do more hardcore exercises(except for sq's and deads)Whoever said to do kick backs and called pushdowns the mother of tri ex is crazy(no offense again)I guees next leg extensions are the mother of leg ex.If you want big strong tri's,you focus on big heavy lifts like close grip bench and dips(the mother of tri ex)keep the elbows in and you will feel the tris working and they will get sore,maybe throw in some skull crushers as well.Only do the heavy lifts,they recruit more muscle fibers and cause more overload on the muscle,and being as strong as possible will obvisouly benefit you.focus on deads,pullups,bb rows,bench presses,military presses,dips,close grips,skull crushers,bb curls,chins,sq's,stiff legged deads,and some calf raises, because small calfs on a built guy is just ridiculous.Keep your reps 6-8 and maybe go lower every now and then.6-8will build size and strength,while the lower reps will build more strength than size,but will add up to size later.Good luck with your prob.,i got 9 months left on mine,the s**t sucks.my p o told me to be ready for a piss test next visit,i love having a guy watch me piss in a cup.I suggested this to another guy,go to t-nation.com to read their articles.they post 1-2 new ones mon-fri.their verry informative,helpfull,and some times funny.you can go to their article library(i beleive)to read their old ones.If you have been reading their articles for a couple months,you wouldn't of had to ask your question,same for a lot of other questons i see on here.If you're into bb,get a subscription to one of the mags,i like muscular development.you can never learn too much,I've heard pro bb's in their late 30's say their still learning.kai greene said his friend in martial arts learned that when he got his black belt,thats when the training actually began when he thought he would be done at that point.Kai said thats very similar to bodybuilding.
    My father was in the military. My stepfather also was. My mother was a sports fanatic in school and college. I was also a sports fanatic while growing up. My legs are solid muscle. I was 205 at 5'8'' and loving it. I looked really good. I was always getting compliments, the girls were always staring, and a lot of people that I knew would admit to how intimidated they felt by me, lol. I just began getting into the whole bodybuilding thing, a little over a year ago. I've seen and heard plenty. Just trying to even things out now.

Probation does suck. I'm waiting until I finish my VIP classes, so I can try getting my case expunged. That should be sometime around June or July. I wouldn't mind getting into MMA training and Karate, and Corrections in August, but you know how probation is. They'll try ruining every opportunity you get. No matter what, they'll try finding a porblem with what you're doing. I was involved in a domestic violence dispute, so they really bring the hammer down on me at times. But I tend to argue and make a point.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help Me Blindfaith
    By MUSCLEDAD71 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-10-2003, 10:35 AM
  2. Im Sick. Help Me Get Better.
    By ex_banana-eater in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-13-2003, 12:26 AM
  3. Help me bring de "boys" back ! ZMA?
    By txwakeskater in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-08-2003, 07:48 PM
  4. Help me find best yohimbine HCL product?
    By smokinghawk in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-20-2002, 04:44 PM
  5. could you guys help me?
    By Sanosuke in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-22-2002, 09:52 PM