More or Less Reps and Sets?
- 01-11-2008, 04:21 PM
- 01-11-2008, 04:59 PM
less reps with more weight will definitely bring greater strength gains, the 4-6 range is best for that, the 8-12 range best for gaining mass, and over that for loosing fat.Animis Rep
- 01-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Also I am only working out 45~ minutes a day 3 times a week do you think I should be putting in more time than that?
01-11-2008, 05:56 PM
really thats more dependent on your body. I'm guessing you are doing a split and just hitting each body part 1x each week. You might want to try taking the same program, and making it a 3 days out of 5 rotation so
M Tu Th Sa Su Tu
so assuming you are doing a split as say back+shoulders, chest, legs
back monday, legs tues, off wed, chest thurs, off fri, then back sat legs sun off mon chest tues
01-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Using both is best, but not at the same time. Do one style for 12 weeks or so, take a week off for CNS recovery, and then switch to the other for 12 weeks. Lather, rinse, repeat.
M.Ed. Ex Phys
Similar Forum Threads
- By ericool007 in forum SupplementsReplies: 5Last Post: 12-27-2013, 10:50 AM
- By shdwfx in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 1Last Post: 02-07-2013, 12:37 PM
- By Red9 in forum Post Cycle TherapyReplies: 3Last Post: 07-13-2012, 10:33 PM
- By p00ndawg in forum Weight LossReplies: 11Last Post: 02-05-2009, 12:34 AM
- By In Progress in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 11-07-2008, 03:15 PM