What do you guys think of BOWFLEX?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

well, a bowflex you have access to is better than a full weight set that you dont really i'd be that if you are just starting, you can make some decent progress the first year even on bowflex.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far

2. Registered User

I think if you are gonna buy a bow flex you should look at craigslist.com first.

I've seen them as low as $150 dollars locally. All them are listed as lightly used.
  3. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    If you can afford it, or can't get a better deal on a similar product I say why not?. What I want is the Tread Climber. It looks really fun and I am getting sick of my current home cardio machine. I will probally look around at other machines first though.
    Ugh....treadclimbers.....I work at a gym, have to put up with old ladies b*tching at me and trying to cut each other off in line to use them.....
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  192 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Skiba View Post
    I'm 6'0 150 pounds I'm trying to bulk up and gain muscle, unfortunately all I have in my possesion are two measly 20 pound dumb bells and my dad's bowflex machine that's been laying around the basement. The machine to me is weird, it doesn't give me the same aggressive satisfaction that pumping iron does. One guy told me that the machine was pretty legit and useful. Compared to me he was fairly buff at the same height as me but at 180 pounds, same mesomorph bone structure and everything.

I don't have a membership to a gym and I don't really think there's one nearby here (except the YMCA) and I really don't like the idea of taking time to travel to a gym and back. Hopefully I can save up some cash to buy a real weight set and some leg machines (probably gonna be a while).

Overall though what do you guys think of the bowflex and is it possible to make any gains with this machine?

Also are there some cheap ways for working out the legs on my own without going to a gym?
    Here's what I did. I am 6'2 and weighed 160. My roommate had a total gym. I decided I was tired of being skinny so I started do every exercise I could on it for a week. Then the next week I moved it up a notch and did the routine again, then moved it up again and so on.

I didn't start bulking up BUT it did get strong enough to not look like a total wimp at the gym. After a month or so I started hitting up free weights and a year later I'm at 190 lbs. or so now.

Use the bowflex to make sure you want to really stick with it since you already have it and it's free. I doubt you get ripped with it but its a way to learn exercise techniques and get used to working out and so on. Hope this helped a little.
  5. Registered User

It is resistance training and I still don't understand why people think they won't gain as much muslce as using free weights. That just doesn't make any sense. I do understand the fact that it is just too expensive and that with free weights you have more options for different exercises. With most free weight exercises though the resistance drops at certain points throughout the range of motion. With the bowflex you get resistance throughout the entire range of motion. Also it was created after free weights, and there haven't really been any advances in free weights. It was also created by the man that created the Nautlis Machines in gyms.
  6. Registered User

The whole ploy about "continual resistance" is a marketing scam. The sale of spring loaded exercisers dates way way back. Why have they been so heavily marketed? Because they are cheaper to ship than a butt load of plates, and dumbbells.

My other website details this:

Spring Exercisers on Forgottenmuscle.com

Besides if they showcased a bunch of plates, and dumbbells on a late night infomercial, you would just say...wtf would I pay for that crap when I could probably get it locally at the local ****'s?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What do you guys think of these gyms?
    By Beowulf in forum MMA
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-22-2006, 11:10 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-10-2004, 05:52 PM
  3. What do you guys think of this.
    By sifu in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 07:03 PM
  4. what do you guys think of this?
    By WiNgS in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2003, 03:29 PM
  5. What do you guys think of Hammerstrength?
    By BigVrunga in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-31-2003, 12:43 PM