True Mass Routine!!!

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
OK....I've done some serious studying of the dudes at my gym. WHy? Because I go to the largest Goild's in North America, 75,000 sq feet and it hosts about 35% sreong ameture bodybuilders whom compete regularly and maybe 5% pros. I've been watching one dude (not I'm no homo) and trying to p/u on some tactics. This dude is a friggn animal and trains extremely heavy, although not with the intensity you'd think. He does a big lift, rests for a good 3 mins, stretchs, etc. Until it's time to do his final drop set, which he cranks it up....anyways, my beef is this. He trains 90% with hammer strength. He'll do 3-4 incredibly heavy sets, then a drop set where his g-friend tosses the weight as he keeps going......for delts, example, he'll do

hammer delt press
then one arm dbell laterals
heavy ass upright barbell rows (like 225)
heavy ass shrugs (where he stands on a plate, very weird)
some light front raises
and some rear delts on the fly machine....

SO, the point is, is hammer strength the way to go? I mean I was always under the opinion of strictly barbell and dbell, but I've been doing more and more hammer and it feels so much better...like it's really hitting the part I'm training.....never been as sore and I can do 40% more sets.....leg day for him is mainly free weights but thats about it....40 minutes heavy and go....plus he sips a shake that I'm not sure what's in it....I swear it looks like celltech....that pink ****....prob. aminos.....weird, but what are your thoughts?

tattoopierced1

i love hammer strength machines... def. some of my favorite machines in the gym.

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
Great to switch things up once in awhile, shock the muscles with new tactics....hammer strength machines have always been good to me.

I still believe, however, that free weights get you bigger, cutter, faster. Just my opinion.

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
lol...umm...yeah, sorry for inventing my own word :blink:
I THINK THEY ARE ALMOST the same....hammer just hits the muscle so much more while free weights builds the stabilizers.......deads, squats, bench and hammer.....that may be all you need