getting lean and cutting up excercises

Ramo machine

Awards
hey guys what is the best way to get lean and cut up what excercises u guys do and how quick , reps, sets etc.... thanks

please reply asap needed help

TheAnimalG

TheAnimalG

Awards
hey guys what is the best way to get lean and cut up what excercises u guys do and how quick , reps, sets etc.... thanks
The trick to getting lean is improving your diet. You can continue to lift normally, but make sure you have your diet in order.

Basic rules are:

- Eat fewer calories than you need to maintain your weight. (about 500 fewer calories should be good) The trick to do this is to KNOW HOW MANY CALORIES YOU ARE EATING.
- Eat around 5 or 6 small meals a day, evenly spaced.
- Eat around 50% of your calories in protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat. Again, you need to keep track of what you are eating and KNOW the content of the food. Do NOT cut out all fat from your diet because your body needs fat to create testosterone. Cut carbs before you cut fat.

Bodybuilding is 80% diet. Getting cut up is even more than 80%.

Maybe someone else can second my opinions above, or refine them a bit more.

Ramo machine

Awards
So what i have to do know is research how much calories are in my bulking up diet, and reduce that to 500 , that consisting

of mainly portein some carbs and some fat but minimal . , to do i have to reduce the wieght and increase more reps

and should i take any supplements ?? recomendations

TheAnimalG

TheAnimalG

Awards
So what i have to do know is research how much calories are in my bulking up diet, and reduce that to 500 , that consisting

of mainly portein some carbs and some fat but minimal . , to do i have to reduce the wieght and increase more reps

and should i take any supplements ?? recomendations
Well, if your bulking diet is 3000 calories, I would assume your maintenance calories would be 2500, and you should probably eat around 2000 calories to diet.

I would not reduce your weight to increase your reps... thats an old myth. I think you can continue to try to lift normally. You won't gain strength as fast as you normally would, but you should maintain lean muscle pretty well as long as you dont cut your calories down too much.

Ramo machine

Awards
so u recommend 2000 calories daily or 2500 mainly protein and some cabs and minimal fat , is it different on lifting days.

supplements ??

there is no trick its just no fatty foods and more protein is that what you do

TheAnimalG

TheAnimalG

Awards
so u recommend 2000 calories daily or 2500 mainly protein and some cabs and minimal fat , is it different on lifting days.

supplements ??

there is no trick its just no fatty foods and more protein is that what you do
You can do it without supplements.

I would avoid:
- fried things, unless it is small portions
- meals that are mainly carbs (like pasta dishes)

If you eat lots of fibrous veggies (non-starchy veggies), you will have an easier time. Thats because those types of veggies fill you up and basically take more calories to digest than they provide.

Ramo machine

Awards
great help mate thanks alot

quick question i started 88 kilos of bulk about 197 pounds and now im 103.5 kilos 230 pounds i think ,should i continue eating the same amount of protein i do or increase it , like steak and chicken

TheAnimalG

TheAnimalG

Awards
great help mate thanks alot

quick question i started 88 kilos of bulk about 197 pounds and now im 103.5 kilos 230 pounds i think ,should i continue eating the same amount of protein i do or increase it , like steak and chicken
Do you know your body fat %?

Just a rough number: you should shoot for 250-350 grams of protien per day. Yes, thats a lot, but it helps to have a lot of protein when you are cutting.

TheAnimalG

TheAnimalG

Awards
how do i know my body fat percentage
Thats a good question. Either you measure it by using calipers, or an electronic body fat device. (usually, your gym or a personal trainer will have these to measure you)

Or, some people upload pictures of themselves for others to guess.

Some rules of thumb: If you can see your abs without flexing them, then you are around 10% body fat or less.

If you tell us your height, weight, and typical benchpress/squat/etc weight and reps maybe someone can give you a rough guess... But I dont know how accurate that would be.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Use big compound movements. They increase your metabolism more than curls, etc.

philmaster

philmaster

Awards
Ever Try cutting supplement??

Arson by muscle asylum
thyrotabs by Gaspari

include one of these supplements and try to work on ur calories do more reps of light weight and u should be fine