Cardio while cutting/building mass with Epistane?
- 11-29-2007, 09:57 AM
- 11-29-2007, 04:40 PM
doing weekly cardio is good for the heart, but in the interest of gaining muscle it wouldn't be wise to combine your cardio sessions with your weightlifting sessions. if you combine cardio and lifting you risk prolonging your exercise sessions to the point where your workouts become counterproductive. with resistance activity, cortisol levels elevate within your body. lifting weights heavily for 45 min to an hour then following it up with cardio will only delay the amount of time it takes you to get food into your system and will keep cortisol high. so keep your cardio days separate, IMO
11-29-2007, 05:04 PM
It's really best to emphasize one or the other in phases. The biggest problem with doing cardio right after resistance training, although prime for fat burn, but its like the guy before me said, it prolongs the time you can get food in your system and I won't even get into the effectiveness and importance of immediate post-exercise meal and supps. I'd prioritize.
NSCA - CSCS
11-29-2007, 05:05 PM
11-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By zombiemuscle in forum Cycle InfoReplies: 17Last Post: 12-06-2010, 11:23 AM
- By Grant in forum IGF-1/GHReplies: 0Last Post: 11-08-2004, 05:15 PM
- By Grant in forum IGF-1/GHReplies: 0Last Post: 10-08-2004, 11:58 PM
- By zeus007 in forum IGF-1/GHReplies: 9Last Post: 05-07-2004, 01:18 AM
- By RAEKWON201 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 2Last Post: 06-02-2003, 03:33 PM