cardio and weights?

newbie arnie

Awards
hi guys im currently lifting all natural good diet 6 meals a day and was wondering when the best time to do cardio is? its mainly for fat loss dont get me wrong i am in no way fat im 205lbs 6ft 2" but would like a bit more definition and be able to see my abs! i eat cereal and fruit for breakfast, proteinshake for snack, chicken/tuna and rice for dinner w piece of fruit, protein shake post workout, chicken or fish with veg and little potatoes for tea and small shake b4 bed any help and advice would be very helpful!

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
Fitday.com track your intake and aim for a 40%carb 40% pro and 20%fat

Cardio in the morning on a empty stomach seems to be the "best" otherwise do it after working out.

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
Like previously stated, cardio is best in the morning and/or right after lifting weights.

adonnas

Awards
i can only agree, ony way you could take it a step further is figuring out what kind of cardio, be it HIIT etc... but first thing and straight after workout is ace

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
hi guys im currently lifting all natural good diet 6 meals a day and was wondering when the best time to do cardio is? its mainly for fat loss dont get me wrong i am in no way fat im 205lbs 6ft 2" but would like a bit more definition and be able to see my abs! i eat cereal and fruit for breakfast, proteinshake for snack, chicken/tuna and rice for dinner w piece of fruit, protein shake post workout, chicken or fish with veg and little potatoes for tea and small shake b4 bed any help and advice would be very helpful!
Cut out sugar, flour (including cereal), rice, potatoes and hi glycemic fruits (all melons, pineapple, bananas and mangos). Try to eat a balanced meal (lean protein, healthy fats and good carbs). Instead of cereal have a bowl of Old fashioned oatmeal with protein powder and almonds or walnuts. Eat only protein and healthy fats after 8PM if you go to bed by 11. Drink plenty of water.

I followed this and lost 25 pounds of fat since Labor Day. I also switched to shorter HIT cardio. The results have been good.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
I find some cardio after lifting helps with recover. I go at a moderate intensity. HIIT stuff I would do at another time during the day or on an off day.

Track your cals, make sure you get enough protein, and make sure you are consistent with your training.

bassgirl

bassgirl

Awards
Like previously stated, cardio is best in the morning and/or right after lifting weights.
Wow. I have been doing my cardio before lifting. Mebbe I should switch? How would that benefit me?