Chest width

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Just wondering what you guys think the best exercises for chest width specifically. Thanks

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Incline presses
Thats what I thought too. I started doing 2 extra sets of incline press and incline flys this week. Hopefully I get a wider chest.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
You might try smith machine presses on a low incline with a super wide grip. I have been doing these the past few weeks and my outer pecs have been feeling the wrath!

-Leggo

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
You might try smith machine presses on a low incline with a super wide grip. I have been doing these the past few weeks and my outer pecs have been feeling the wrath!

-Leggo
Im gonna try this. thanks alot!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
try incorporating many different fly variations into your workout...incline, decline, DB, machine...etc.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
try incorporating many different fly variations into your workout...incline, decline, DB, machine...etc.
thanks. I alternate between machine flys, incline db flys, and flat db flys. Havent tried doing decline flys in a couple of years. Maybe I shock my chest my next chest w/o and do 3 different angles of flys.

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
well this is an old a$$ post but i was lookin for some stuff on chest width. the problem with me is i have this popping pain in my shoulder when i do flies. i may be able to get away with like a set if i warm up my shoulders for a long time but after that i'm done for. i had talked to a few people at my gym including trainers but nobody really knows. the best guess was a tendon rolling over a part of the shoulder or something like that. i most definitely need width in the chest though and all my chest lift i have a wide ass grip already cause i like it better. the only thing i can really do for flies is machines and we just have the seat straight up so it's hitting the same muscles that flat bench would. any help or suggestions?