Trainning two times daily, is it clever ?

pocketboy

Awards
Hi there,

I'll start MAX OT programm. But I wonder, can I do 2 muscles group (about 30-45 mins each) daily, one at 9-10 am and the other at 6-9 pm. ?

But, normally, MAX-OT is divided into 5 days. So, how can I do, which days is better to only train one muscle ?

I thought about :
Monday : Morning : LEGS Afternoon : Biceps/Triceps/Abs
Tuesday : Moning : Shoulds/Trap Afternoon : Back
Wednesday : Afternoon : Chest

Thursday : Morning : LEGS Afternoon : Biceps/Triceps/Abs
Friday : Moning : Shoulds/Trap Afternoon : Back
Saturday : Afternoon : Chest

Will it help me in my "volume" seeking ?

I came to the "conclusion" of 2 trains daily, because it's written lot of time in MAX OT website, that each train do not exceed 30-45 mins, but, with only few calcul, it's simply impossible.
I give you an exemple : Monday : it's 11 sets + 5 sets to warm, it written it's absolutly paramount to recover 2-3 min between each one, so it's 16*2 = 32min of recovery .... Not the time to do all thing well done less than 1h-1h30 of train.

So, I was thinking, in the first time of the week I train each group, I'll do the main exercice (like squat for legs) and some other ones, and the second time, I'll do the main excercice but with the other I hadn't time to do.

So, what's best muscle group to train "alone" in wednesday and saturday ?

I try to bulk if important

THANKS

pocketboy

Awards
Also, I have the bulking diet that follow such a "programm", I'm at top level of age (21 years old), and I do nothing all day long for the moment lol

But I'll probably work in one or two month, so I'll reduce to 1 muscle group daily, no ?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
muscles can recover quickly, but CNS takes some time. If you're planning on doing that, I would cut the volume in half....maybe even 1/3.

I think you'll notice this will cause an increased metabolism rather than extra muscle gains.

pocketboy

Awards
Lol, it was just to mention I'm at the really top of potential, not any other "thought".

You mean, I should cut the volume in half, but what does it mean ?

And I'm ectomorph, so I've a high metabolism, is any impact ?

And I was really considering some "brain booster" (nootropics) I will buy Pramiracetam + Alpha-GPC (choline) in a few days.

And I'll buy some dopaminergetic thing (CABASER) if I can afford it and if isn't too dangerous

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Train legs by themselves. I used to split them up into 2 sessions when I was lifting for size (hams/calves in AM, quads in PM).

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol, it was just to mention I'm at the really top of potential, not any other "thought".

You mean, I should cut the volume in half, but what does it mean ?

And I'm ectomorph, so I've a high metabolism, is any impact ?

And I was really considering some "brain booster" (nootropics) I will buy Pramiracetam + Alpha-GPC (choline) in a few days.

And I'll buy some dopaminergetic thing (CABASER) if I can afford it and if isn't too dangerous
I wouldn't bother with that. Not really what I meant. Cabaser is not going to be helpful at all for improved recovery.

Cut the volume in half. Don't do a full workout if doing twice daily. If you're going to increase your frequency like that, you want to decrease the amount time spent each session.

2-A-Days are going to burn more fat by having the large post-workout oxygen consumption twice a day instead of once.

pocketboy

Awards
Hi,

thanks for your help guy, you're great !

But in reality, that why I told in the first post, the reason which made me decide 2x/day train, it's because each session it's too long, so I'll cut it like that : "I'll calcul to have a recovery time + exercice + warm up = 30-45 min, I'll include each muscle group session the main exercize (like, squat for legs) and then, I'll do the "secondaries"(like "leg press" for leg), and the other time in the week I train this part, I'll do the main exercice but with other "secondaries" exercice (like "deadlift")

You what I mean ?

But is it better to do that or to do all the exercice but, for exemple, 2 sets instead of 3, 1 sets instead of 2 ?

In clear, is it better to split excercice number (but keep each exercice its set number), or split only sets numbers of each exercice (like the 2 sets instead of 3) ?

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree with thesinner. You could be walking on a fine line between anabolism and catabolism by working out twice daily. Like he mentioned, cut the volume down a lot for each session. You will definitely find an increase in metabolism.

lilGiant

lilGiant

Awards
NO WAY!!!! DO not train two muscle groups at two different time throughout the day! IF you are going to do it, do them together. Your CNS will never recover, and it will be taking away much needed repair and recovery time from the muscles previously trained.