Train with cracked ribs?

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
For those who've done it, what did you do, and what did you avoid? Back workouts seem like not a good idea, for one. Happened a week ago, I did chest the next day without too much pain, just avoiding twisting at the waist or bending at the waist too far. Since there's no treatment other than letting it heal, did anyone take time off. I hate to loose that much time, especially in week 4 of PCT. All advice appreciated, thanks.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
id take this time to rest up. i wouldnt like the thought of doing deadlifts and having the injury get worse, puncturing a lung maybe. :)

Werewolf

Werewolf

Awards
  • Established
Start throwing Cissus at it to speed healing about 40%.

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ive read a little on Cissus and it seemed to get very good reviews. I will read up some more and probably give it a try. Any recommendations on who has the best prices for board sponsors?

beebab

beebab

Awards
  • Established
don't lift. rest. it's the most important thing you can do to ensure that your body properly heals. otherwise you risk reinjuring yourself even worse which is dumb. i'd recommend mega dosing on fish oils and omega 3s, which are good for your health and might expedite the healing process. they're also an anti inflammatory so they might help w any pain you have. otherwise, rest up and let your body heal on its own. don't forget... when you recover and hit the gym again you'll quickly regain what you lost and more

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
F that, never train with any rib injuries. They take long enough to heal without any additional stress.

Werewolf

Werewolf

Awards
  • Established
Ive read a little on Cissus and it seemed to get very good reviews. I will read up some more and probably give it a try. Any recommendations on who has the best prices for board sponsors?
Probably Nutraplanet. You should be more worried about speed of getting in your body. Don't waste time. Get it ASAP.

I assume you are getting plenty of calcium, but if not make sure you do.