What you think about Max-OT? anything better?

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
What do you think of the Max-OT training program? Is there anything better? I want somthing effctive idc how hard it is.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What are you goals? Mass, strength, some of both?
Are you a hard gainer/easy gainer?
Are you following a meal plan - counting calories and macros?

Max-OT is a good basic strength routine. It uses low reps/heavy weights and low volume. IMO this is good for young beginners since they are typically keen but train for too long. Add up the energy reqs for marathon workouts with the already increased energy needs for growing and many young novices don't eat enough to grow unless they count cals or eat a lot of junk food. A low volume routing like Max OT helps by helping keep physical energy expenditure low.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
I gain pretty easy mainly because i am 15. My goals are mass and some strength, mainly mass.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
i dont really count calories i get about 150+ protein eat a very clean i dont eat junk. lots of chicken, turkey, fish, wheat only. some pasta. have about 4-5 meals a day.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I gain pretty easy mainly because i am 15. My goals are mass and some strength, mainly mass.
What have you done up until now and what do you seem to respond to most? You should start tracking you calories more, lack of calories is behind most mass gaining plateaus in my experience, with ****ty training a far second.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
Well so for i have been following a plan out of a mens health book, the advanced plan, which is a 2day split routine with a 2day recovery it is somthing like this

Workout 1 (week 1)
Monday

1. Squat

2. Hack Squat

3. Leg Curl on machine

4. Leg extension on machine

5. Heel Raise with dumbbells (there is a machine i use for it usually)

6. Ankle Flexion with weight plate.

7. Stationary Lunge with dumbbells

8. Incline Bench Press

9. Dumbbell Fly

10. Lying Cross-Shoulder tricep extension

11.Parellel Dip with weight plate

12. Dumbbell Trunk Twist

13. Dumbbell Side Bend

*I usually throw in some more adds from a machine and decline crunch with weight plate.*

*Everything listed i do 1 warm up sets and 2 sets with heavy weight where i can get at least 6 and the fail before 10*

Tuesday

1. Upright Row

2. Side Deltiod Raise

3. Shrug

4. Front Deltiod Raise

5. Behind-the-neck press with barbell

6.T-Bar row with barbell

7.Dumbbell Swing

8.Wide-Grip Row

9.One-Arm Dumbbell Row

10.Preacher Curl

11.Revearse-Grip Barbell Curl

12.Forearm Curl

13.Reverase Forearm Curl

*I run 3 miles after this day because this is mostly arms. the 3 miles where pretty light with some intense spots running up hills and such*

Johnny Blaze

Awards
Yuck... Throw that workout out. Rippetoes starting strength is all you really need at 15.

drksun

drksun

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yuck... Throw that workout out. Rippetoes starting strength is all you really need at 15.
yep thats a great program, i did that when i was 16-17, it helped me a lot, but after a while the squats killed me knees, to the point i couldn't walk because my joints were over stressed, i wasn't putting that much weight up on squats either.. but my bench went up a lot.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
yep thats a great program, i did that when i was 16-17, it helped me a lot, but after a while the squats killed me knees, to the point i couldn't walk because my joints were over stressed, i wasn't putting that much weight up on squats either.. but my bench went up a lot.
Your form on those squats may have been off...squats done right generally wont hurt the knees at all.

I love MaxOT training. Ive been using it since I starting lifting and Ill still hit it up a few times a year. Short and sweet, and it works.

BV