Chest Pain please help

SrT4u2Nv

SrT4u2Nv

Awards
Ok this started about a month ago. Whenever i do Bench pressing or Dips or anything really invovling my chest the top of my chest near my shoulder hurts really bad. It almost feels like it travels through my arm. Someone told me its my deltoid but im not sure. I was taking Bromalien, Trauine Cissus and now asprin. I dont know what really hurts and i dont know what to do. I have stopped doin all chest exercises and dont know whats next to do. Some people tell me to still do it but do it light. And others say dont do anything just rest it. It only hurts when i do a chest workout. It almost feels like the tendon or muscle that connects ur arm to ur chest. I always stretch and warmup alot. Please help.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a front delt problem, and could be a sign of overtraining (thats what mine was a few years back) What does your workout look like. Not just your chest but your whole workout.

SrT4u2Nv

SrT4u2Nv

Awards
well i dont really have a set workout. I have a crazy shedule at work so its whenever i get time but it could be that since chest is my favorite thing to workout and i probably do overtrain it then. Is there anything i can do to help it heal faster? I apply icey hot on it at night.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
You should go get it checked. It could be a rotator cuff impengment or maybe even a small tear or sprain. You should go find out what the real problem is so your not guessing and messing it up even more.

dontknowaboutme

dontknowaboutme

Awards
Some people are just not able to perform dips without pain. I love dips and have never experience pain from them.

Do you do really heavy weight on your dips? How low to do go when you dip? How many reps do you do?

How is your bench press form? What is the angle of your arms relative to your body? Where do you lower the bar on your chest?

SrT4u2Nv

SrT4u2Nv

Awards
well i did dips for years and i noticed it hurts the most when ur at the bottem of the dip. I usally do 4 sets of 10 dips no weight added to me no problem. My bench is ok i can get 345lb twice clean with good form. I think i may have over trained it and its slowly getting better. I do rotater cuff exercise no problem. Only Cheat workouts hurt it. Im hitting super light weight machines right now for it. If it hurts a little i stop. I just dont know what else to do. And i dont think a doc can help except say rest it. I planned a Prostan/TRN cycle that i pushed off for a month b/c of this injury. I might go ahead and do it anyway. Would it help me heal any faster since logically my body's test levels would be up and up and growth of muscle would go up and all.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
well i did dips for years and i noticed it hurts the most when ur at the bottem of the dip. I usally do 4 sets of 10 dips no weight added to me no problem. My bench is ok i can get 345lb twice clean with good form. I think i may have over trained it and its slowly getting better. I do rotater cuff exercise no problem. Only Cheat workouts hurt it. Im hitting super light weight machines right now for it. If it hurts a little i stop. I just dont know what else to do. And i dont think a doc can help except say rest it. I planned a Prostan/TRN cycle that i pushed off for a month b/c of this injury. I might go ahead and do it anyway. Would it help me heal any faster since logically my body's test levels would be up and up and growth of muscle would go up and all.

I know the doctor is goin to say rest it but the reason I suggested goin to get it checked is, I had a similar problem with my right shoulder some days it would just hurt, so I went to the doctor and he said I have shoulder impengment syndrome. So I asked him is this something that will just come and go and he said yes, I just wanted to know what was goin on in there because if it was a tear I would have had to take time off cause I would rather let it heal than worry about an extra 5lbs completly fvcking it up to the point of surgery.