Workout review - Combining dual factor and 5x5 on cycle

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am trying to push the envelope and see what kind of workout I can get away with while on cycle. Using the ideas of 5x5 and duel theory as well as just learning what I think works I put together this idea.

This will be done on a rather heavy cycle including tren,test, dbol, igf and mgf. Note: Legs are near impossible with my knee and personally, I like walking without joint pain.

Monday:
Back deadlift day/ Bi's hard day

3 sets deadlifts
2 sets pull up
5x5 biceps

-Igf for biceps

Tues:
5x5 abs
5x5 shoulders

-Igf shoulders

Wens:
OFF - MGF chest

Thursday:
Back width / Light Bi / Heavy chest

3 set wieghted pull up
2 set pull over (high rep)
2-3 sets hi rep bicep
5x5 chest

-igf chest

Fri:
OFF

Sat:
Light shoulder / Heavy traps / Heavy tri

2 sets high rep dumbell press
2 sets glass raises
2 sets shrug
2-3 sets bent over shrug
2 sets wieghted tricep dips
2 sets skull crusher
1 set reverse cable pushdown

-igf tricep

Sun:
OFF - MGF bi's

dontknowaboutme

dontknowaboutme

Awards
What is your 5x5 routine? The one you listed above? You do have some 5x5 incorporated into the program, but this is not what would typically be considered a 5x5 routine. One of the key areas of 5x5 is frequency, looks to me that you are only doing 25 reps of compounds a week. If it was Bill Starr's 5x5 that will incorporate DFT, and would include more frequency. Dual Factor Theory is not a workout, it is the basis for work outs. Now by dual factor do you mean Animal Mass' Dual Factor Hypertrophy program over at Meso-Rx?

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What is your 5x5 routine? The one you listed above? You do have some 5x5 incorporated into the program, but this is not what would typically be considered a 5x5 routine. One of the key areas of 5x5 is frequency, looks to me that you are only doing 25 reps of compounds a week. If it was Bill Starr's 5x5 that will incorporate DFT, and would include more frequency. Dual Factor Theory is not a workout, it is the basis for work outs. Now by dual factor do you mean Animal Mass' Dual Factor Hypertrophy program over at Meso-Rx?
I am trying to tailor and alter workout that I have seen best results from and use their theories to come up with my own, all-be-it very unscientifically proven, ideas. I want to use some of the volume/strength priciples of Needsizes 5x5 and the dft nand Dc ideas of frequency.