Question about lower leg

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Well I have noticed that there are 2 little bumps in each of my legs. These bumps only appear when I put any extra amount of pressure on them. My guess is that it is just vascularity, since they mainly show when I run or workout. I just have never noticed anyone else have them. They are the size of dimes and show on my outer portion of my legs, probably around 8 inches higher than my ankle is where they appear. They dont bother me, just look kinda funny. Anyone know whats up with this? is it normal vascularity in the leg or could there be a vein building up or soemthing. I dunno just figured Id ask around, been searching on google but havnt found anything.

scoher

Awards
I have a bump about half way up my shin on my left leg, about an inch or two left of center. It's always present, but can get rather pronounced when I train legs or draw my leg close into my body. I've had it for a couple of years and have never been hindered by it. I've always assumed it was just my vascularity.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
I have a bump about half way up my shin on my left leg, about an inch or two left of center. It's always present, but can get rather pronounced when I train legs or draw my leg close into my body. I've had it for a couple of years and have never been hindered by it. I've always assumed it was just my vascularity.
Thats the sounds exactly the same as mine. Ive noticed them for about a year, but thats also when I have been my leanest. They feel like veins, you know kinda rubbery/stretchy and dont hurt at all. So I never thought anything of it, but yesterday they were very pronounced. Just got me wondering.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I believe what you are speaking of is varicose veins.
Many people have them and I believe they can lead to blood clots.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just veins unless you can palpate the area and feel a mass at other times then it could be a lipoma but more than likely it is a vein.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the replies, yeah I didn't think they were much other than veins. But it looks akward and honestly never seen them before. It is soft/rubbery just like a vein, and does not bother me. Next time I see the doc, Ill prob mention them just to see whats up. I was just curious to see if anyone had similar experiences. Thanks again guys.

CriZPer

Awards
I have those as well, but mine hurt like **** when I walk fast or jog. After a while the pain stops. I dont know it those things cause the pain or if its something else. Someone told me I had shin splints, so I started doing reverse calf raises, but the lower part of my lower legs gets so pumped that I have to stop. Usually when I sprint or play "explosive" sports nothing hurts. Its just weird and annoying.