Problem with Dips

Trench

Awards
Hi, I am having trouble with my dips. The Palms of my hands cant withstand doing tricep dips and end up giving out before my tri's do. I tried using gloves but they still hurt like hell. Anybody got any suggestions on how to do dips that doesnt feel like they are poking holes in my hands? Thanks.

-Trench

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMO, growing a pair of testes, encapsulated by a scrotum would be your best bet..

JK...

Are you trying to focus on your chest or tris with the dip? If it is tris you can always just do bench dips, that would alleviate alot of the stress on your palms.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you have problems with arthritis or something? Should be no 'giving out' since they are just a support part.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
is the pressure on your hands what is bothering you or is it the support on the wrist that ends up giving out? Also is does your hand slip off the bar or are you foreced to let go because of pain?

Gloves wouldnt do much for extra padding but you could try getting two towels and putting them under your hands (should reduce pressure on palms. Worst comes to worst you can do seated tri push downs (unless your doing this for chest)

Trench

Awards
I'm doing them for triceps. And yeah, its the palms. Wrists dont give out. Just feels like a pole is in each hand pushing down into the skin. Like a pressure point sort of. No, dont got any arthirtis.

-Trench

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try using extra towels underneath your hands first or instead of the dip machine use a bench and support your hands on the padded bench and use plates for added weight.

DazzlinJack

Awards
  • Established
get dr. scholls gel insoles and put em on the handles. don't squeeze too hard. also, going up quickly during the turnaround point can put a lot of extra stress on your palms so try doing it slow and controlled.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Actually, turn your hands slightly in or out more. It'll sound a little strange, but I understand what's happening. A slight adjustment will do the trick!

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
maybe u should just do close grip instead, other than that try a dip machine or use more padding on your palms...