Best workouts to regain quickness?

burton1

Awards
I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on what would be best exercises/workouts to regain quickness I lost when I was in hospital for 6 weeks? I have started back up with workouts, manly cardio just to get back in the flow for right now. I started plyometric exercisealong with hiking, walking/running, and also jump rope. Any other suggestions?

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Higher reps for legs calves set at 20 to get your endurance back. Then you can work on strength/mass training etc. Later.

burton1

Awards
Thanks bro you seem to have an answer for all my questions, much appreciated. How long do you suggest for working out on my endurance before throwing in weight training and supps? I was figuring about 6 weeks of good hard cardio and endurance training then get back into the weights?

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks bro you seem to have an answer for all my questions, much appreciated. How long do you suggest for working out on my endurance before throwing in weight training and supps? I was figuring about 6 weeks of good hard cardio and endurance training then get back into the weights?
Your endurance should jump back pretty quickly if you exercised prior to the hospitalization. About a week and a half and three weeks for really smoking it. Try Sprinting in between your jogging it really gets you sweating and activates the endurance portion really well. So three to four weeks should get you a good cardio base. Then step into the supplements, bcaa, chaos (cee from anabolicinnovations.com) and actually chaos and bcaa's would be good for you right now for endurance. you'd be surprised of the difference that chaos and bcaas with a multi vitamin and b vitamins would make. talk about energy and libido if you throw in some fenugreek/maca.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on what would be best exercises/workouts to regain quickness I lost when I was in hospital for 6 weeks? I have started back up with workouts, manly cardio just to get back in the flow for right now. I started plyometric exercisealong with hiking, walking/running, and also jump rope. Any other suggestions?
If you are referring to quickness as in running, sprinting etc... You may want to look into the bigger,faster,stronger program. You may also want to try plyometrics and agility drills as well.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah like Mario Jumps, Karaokes, sprinting backwards (aka running backwards), forward and reverse lunges, there are many exercises to increase speed. Those are a few that work really well for beginners.

Esp, Lunges and Mario Jumps

burton1

Awards
Thanks alot for all the help. That should get my quickness and endurance back real quick. Appreciate it

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
As you progress more, you could try a westside program and modify it to your needs. The speed days really help with explosiveness/quickness. Its a great template to work from based on your specific needs. I have been training for a good amount of time and haven't seen as much improvement with hockey using other programs as I have with westside. Everyone is different so try different things and use what gives you the best results. Good luck and stay strong.