Shin Pumps

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes

Whenever I go running my shins get so pumped that I have to stop before my lungs and/or legs are close to giving out.
Is there any solution to this?

I take 2g taurine, 3g CEE, 3g CM preworkout when I work my upper body but never when I run or do lower body (I naturally have gigantic tree trunks for legs) so I don't believe this could be causing it.

All input is appreciated

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
You have shin splints.

Where are you running? if you run on pavement or blacktop, those surfaces are very hard with no give, and could be causing this.

It could also be your shoes. Try getting some insoles or those Dr Schole things. All the supps in the world arent gonna make them go away.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Do you run on your toes? This was always a problem for me until I adopted a heel to toe style of jogging, I feel like a dork doing it but even at ~260lbs my shins were fine.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Shoes, Shoes, Shoes! I had the same thing a while back just from fast walking on the treadmill. A guy I work with that does Iron Man competitions asked me waht kind of shoes I wear. I told him some Addidas high tops. He laughed and said pick up a pair of decent running shoes, like Nike or New Balance. I did and my shins thanked me for it ever since.

Note: If you do get some decent shoes, your shins may still hurt for a week until they heal a bit, but after that your home free. ;)

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah... You on any AAS/PHs. SD, PP, ETC will all cause shin splinting like that. I am well versed in shin splints. I know them left right forward back and reverse through a triangle port-hole. Try some Adidas A3 Gigarides.

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They aren't shin splints as I've had them before back in HS during the two a day football practices, they were horrible.

Its more of a pump where I cant move my foot really, I can keep moving my legs but not so much bring my foot upwards when running.
I'm not really sure how I run to tell you the truth. I want to say that my heel touches first and then I push off with my foot to work my calves when I run

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
They aren't shin splints as I've had them before back in HS during the two a day football practices, they were horrible.

Its more of a pump where I cant move my foot really, I can keep moving my legs but not so much bring my foot upwards when running.
I'm not really sure how I run to tell you the truth. I want to say that my heel touches first and then I push off with my foot to work my calves when I run

I know just of that. The Shin/Calf and Ankle all pump up. Usually your left or right foot will start flopping the ground as if you have flippers on and then the other foot will go after awhile. Take it from me I ran 3 miles every other day on Superdrol. If anyone knows that means my shins were dead. (I had to it wasn't by choice I had to do it or go to jail)
Anyways, Are you SURE you're not on PHs or "No-Xplode" or L-Argnine in high doses or Nitric Oxide anything or any supplements?

Edit- And if not that how much do you weigh?

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not on any PHs, etc. Just the prewo concoction.
The shoes I have are some Nike New Balance.

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
Thanks for the comments guys, I'll send some reps your way tomorrow

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyways, Are you SURE you're not on PHs or "No-Xplode" or L-Argnine in high doses or Nitric Oxide anything or any supplements?

I'm not taking anything like that, I weigh around 225'ish w/ ~24-27% bf

And that is exactly how my feet feel, like flippers flopping around while I try to run

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm not taking anything like that, I weigh around 225'ish w/ ~24-27% bf

Such may be your problem. Or maybe not. Shoes possibly. I remembered when I weighed 165 pounds up top and 30 pounds down below I was so out of proportion I had the same problem.

tplant

Awards
i used to get shin splints myself. running on grass can help out but since i bought a pair of shox by Nike they have gone away, not sure if that would work for everyone though.

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I know just of that. The Shin/Calf and Ankle all pump up. Usually your left or right foot will start flopping the ground as if you have flippers on and then the other foot will go after awhile. Take it from me I ran 3 miles every other day on Superdrol. If anyone knows that means my shins were dead. (I had to it wasn't by choice I had to do it or go to jail)

why did u have to run every other day to be outta jail?