running at night better/worse for weight loss?

harry5543

Awards
Ive been lifting weights for more than a year now and have gained around 40 lbs of muscle. Right now im 18 yrs old and 177 @ (im guessing) 13-14% BF, 6'. About 2 months ago I started to jog about 2 miles 3-4 times a week in attempt to lose some body fat. I haven't lost much weight because im accustomed to eating to gain muscle. Its more important to me to lose fat than gain muscle now. Also I've kept doing my weight lifting. Jogging at night (around 10 pm) is most convenient for me but is it advantageous to run in the morning? I guess im concerned about jogging then going straight to bed w/o eating and losing muscle at night. Ive been a little portly after I had to take prednisone for an inflamation of my retina a few years ago.

harry5543

Awards
just realized im a nub for posting under this forum

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Morning cardio has it's advantages over evening cardio. For fatloss, many think that morning cardio is ideal. What it all comes down to is your diet. Doing cardio and eating to bulk is still a very good thing as you can minimize fat loss during a bulk.

Also, you went from 137lbs to 177lbs in a matter of year, all muscle? mmmmm kay.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
are you currently doing cardio at night then going straight to bed? That just sounds like your beggin to go catabolic. If its possible I would say your better of doing morning cardio over night.

harry5543

Awards
Morning cardio has it's advantages over evening cardio. For fatloss, many think that morning cardio is ideal. What it all comes down to is your diet. Doing cardio and eating to bulk is still a very good thing as you can minimize fat loss during a bulk.

Also, you went from 137lbs to 177lbs in a matter of year, all muscle? mmmmm kay.
i dont know about 100% muscle....i gained 20 lbs then cycled creatine a few times. i was 157 when i started creatine for the first time. i went up to 168 after the cycle i was down to 163 after a month. the second cycle i was up to 18? and im down to 177 now and ive been off at least 4 months. i was 137 april 2005 when i started lifting and im 177 as of today. i dont know how, but some of that weight could be water from creatine. a trainer told me that sweating would make me lose all of the water weight from creatine...

Yep i know your right about the diet part. im trying to eat more healthy foods and overall less. eating then going to bed while trying to lose weight is a problem

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Honestly man it depends on your supps. Cuz I bulked up 20 pounds in 2 months then droped 30 and still look good. I lost some size in arms and chest but I look as big as I did at 220. So jus go by how you feel I like to run in the morning when I wake up and at night. And as long as your diets good you can still gain muscle or at lest get cut wit nice size. I'm writing this from my cell so sorry if typos or what not. Reps to you for posting. Welcome to AM.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
IMO doing cardio in the morning on empty stomach is better then doing night cardio.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
yea empty stomach in the morning can be a chore to do sometimes but its definitely worth the hassel.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
i hate morning cardio, i have to wake up so early....morning is always better but if you truly cant than evening is fine....try to do it on a semi-empty stomach if you can.