Squats, and Leg size/Testosterone boost

Deccadick

Deccadick

Awards
Any advice on a leg routine that will not continue to increase mass throughout the quads? Currently my three sets of squats consist of 500 lbs for 5 to 8 reps, after several warmup sets of course in a Max OT routine. My legs have responded to this routine big time, but the other body parts are behind. I am currently 6ft 1" 29 yr old male weighing 280 with a high percentage level of bodyfat, and just started cardio in my routine. My leg workout used to consist of one set of 20 rep squats at around 330lbs. This workout was taken from an old book called Super Squats. I love squats due to the testosterone boost I recieve from doing them. But my legs are out of proportion to the rest of my body. Any advice is appriciated.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
So the reason you are still doing the squat routine which made your legs out of proportion with your upper body is to increase your test level?

CROWLER

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely don't stop squatting. Squatting can actually help add size to other muscle groups on later workouts.

What are does your current routine look like?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Definitely don't stop squatting. Squatting can actually help add size to other muscle groups on later workouts.

What are does your current routine look like?

How does squatting help add size other muscles?

CROWLER

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Squatting recruits a crapload of muscle fibers (more than most other exercises) thus, releases greater amounts of IGF-1. This will increase blood concentrations of IGF-BP3 (a dormant form of IGF-1). When you go the next day to work out a smaller muscle group, Lactic acid produced while the muscle is fatigued will destroy the binding protein, freeing up this additional IGF-1, which can be localized if you get a good pump going.

Ronin13

Ronin13

Awards
  • Established
I noticed when I began heavy squating years (15) ago that my entire body responded to a degree. It took a lot of torso strength and balance to manuever that weight around and my torso responded quickly. I noticed my back and shoulder girdle thickened considerably.

How does squatting help add size other muscles?

CROWLER

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
dont stop squatting, it's a full body workout, and make sure you're going well below parallel

Deccadick

Deccadick

Awards
I would never stop squating. It is my favorite exercise. Yea the upper body benefits of squating are great, the overall increase of test and full body workout are great.