Back Pumps from Prohormones

fatcmc

Awards
I just finished up with a Halodrol-50/Orastan-E cycle followed by 6 weeks off using Nolvadex XT as PCT. Now, I have started back with 1-AD, Methyl XT, and Phera-Vol. Since the beginning of the cycle, I have experienced severe upper back pain @ T1-T3 region. I was attributing it to heavy weights, overhead pressing movements, and possible spinal compression. Upon reading a post, I noticed the term "back pumps". I had never heard of this before. I thought I may have underlying back problems caused by years of heavy lifting when really it may be caused by the Prego instead. Can anyone go into more detail about this. Is this common with prohormone usage? What are its causes, physiology, etc?

Thanks

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Very common, lot written about it. Try supplementing with taurine and/or minerals like potassium and calcium to relieve the pumps. Thing is pumps like this usually are in the lower back, not upper, so you may be be experiencing pain due to lifting too much weight. Only solution there is to monitor form, etc., switch exercises to ones that are more forgiving, or up the reps instead of the weight.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i'm a powerlifter so i hit my posterior 2xs a week, the back pumps from superdrol were so bad that i could barely squat or deadlift. thank god i'm done with that crap

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yup, heavy back cramps/pumps. No amount of taurine,potassium or bananas would help but comes to find out I did have back issues I was unaware of so it may have just increased those sides.

rocketscientist

Awards
...I have experienced severe upper back pain @ T1-T3 region.
Sounds a bit high to me for typical back pumps, which are in the lumbar region (if my anatomy is right... T1 follows C7 or something like that, right?)

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
Sounds a bit high to me for typical back pumps, which are in the lumbar region (if my anatomy is right... T1 follows C7 or something like that, right?)
Ya you are right, and He may be experiencing trapzius back pumps, I know mine cramps every once in a while if I don't stretch it and that is without PHs, so I would try taurine/potassium and some good stretching and as always make sure you are drinking enough water 1-2 gallons a day.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just finished up with a Halodrol-50/Orastan-E cycle followed by 6 weeks off using Nolvadex XT as post cycle therapy. Now, I have started back with 1-AD, Methyl XT, and Phera-Vol. Since the beginning of the cycle, I have experienced severe upper back pain @ T1-T3 region. I was attributing it to heavy weights, overhead pressing movements, and possible spinal compression. Upon reading a post, I noticed the term "back pumps". I had never heard of this before. I thought I may have underlying back problems caused by years of heavy lifting when really it may be caused by the Prego instead. Can anyone go into more detail about this. Is this common with prohormone usage? What are its causes, physiology, etc?

Thanks
So..You just finished PCT and hopped back on cycle?

fatcmc

Awards
Thanks for the feedback fellas,
Yes I did finish Halodrol/Orastan did my Nolvadex then back on some more. I only had like 3 weeks of 1-AD left and added the EST stuff which isn't supposed to be as harsh I was told. But, I'm back on Nolvadex again now that the 1-AD is gone.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Definetely a horrible idea there Fatcmc. You need to give your body , liver enzymes, cholesterol, test and estrogen levels, and others thing regulate back to normal before screwing with your system again. Time on = Time off. And, using Nolvadex XT only is a horrible idea. You need to do a proper PCT. *sigh*