anybody use bobo for contest prep? - AnabolicMinds.com

anybody use bobo for contest prep?

1. rollin' on dubs!
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.

anybody use bobo for contest prep?

tried searching bobo + contest prep and couldnt find any actual threads about bodybuilders using his program for competition. the FLA nutrition website does not have a contest prep program either but i assume the cutting/weight loss program would be what i wanted if i were to use his consulting. has anyone used bobo while preparing for a contest? what were your results? if i go through through FLA, am i one of clients or are there others that give diet/training advice?

2. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Yes I"ve done pre contest for many people but I don't do it over the internet anymore. Bottom line is that I think for such a task you need someone there especially late in the game.

Having said that and if he does it anymore (since he turned pro) I would go with Layne Norton, (aka str8flexed) if you want someone extremely competent in that area.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.

Layne still does that.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
    •   

4. New Member

Damn, apparently I'm more clueless than I thought.... Based on your pics, WHulk, I'm surprised you would seek assistance with cutting/weight loss. In the pics I saw, you looked as shredded as I've ever seen anyone--including professional bodybuilders!
  5. Board Sponsor

Layne is a great GUY, also checkout Beast he is doing contest prep too... I would email him or check out his avy for contact info, as he helped me for free, when the guy I payed for sucked, and was just in it for me to buy his supps...
  6. rollin' on dubs!
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by heftylefty58
    Damn, apparently I'm more clueless than I thought.... Based on your pics, WHulk, I'm surprised you would seek assistance with cutting/weight loss. In the pics I saw, you looked as shredded as I've ever seen anyone--including professional bodybuilders!
    thanks for the kind words but my problem lies within holding on to my mass. i can cut up nicely and achieve a really low bodyfat but ill step onstage weighing 160 lbs standing 5'9". once i have it in my head that im cutting, i go crazy and change all variables at once which is stupid. i cut cals, increase cardio, and introduce thermos all at the same time and sacrifice muscle loss. hopefully, with a detailed plan i can control this better.
  7. rollin' on dubs!
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Apowerz6
    Layne is a great GUY, also checkout Beast he is doing contest prep too... I would email him or check out his avy for contact info, as he helped me for free, when the guy I payed for sucked, and was just in it for me to buy his supps...
    yeah, im planning on going through beast. looks like a solid choice but i hate low carbing which is his style. i didnt know layne did consulting as well.
  8. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

If you can cut fairly easy (which your pic shows) there really isn't a reason I see you need low carb at all. In fact, its quite the opposite.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  9. rollin' on dubs!
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    If you can cut fairly easy (which your pic shows) there really isn't a reason I see you need low carb at all. In fact, its quite the opposite.
    thanks for the tip bobo, that is very reassuring to hear coming from you. i wish you still did contest prep packages but i understand your justification for not doing it. ive searched many of your posts to get your insight on several topics and i must say that ive never seen anyone more knowledgable than you when it comes to this. ill remain on the lookout for any of your new posts
  10. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeHulk
    thanks for the tip bobo, that is very reassuring to hear coming from you. i wish you still did contest prep packages but i understand your justification for not doing it. ive searched many of your posts to get your insight on several topics and i must say that ive never seen anyone more knowledgable than you when it comes to this. ill remain on the lookout for any of your new posts
    Thanks WBH. For something that imporatant to someone and that amount of prep work I think the trainer needs to be there. Getting you through the first 8-12 weeks is fairly easy but its the last 4-8 weeks that is the important part and can make or break you. Eventually you will know how to do it yourself through trial and error but I'm sure Layne or Derek can push you in the right direction (although I still don't like low carb until the final weeks )

:bb:
  11. Senior Member

Thanks WBH. For something that imporatant to someone and that amount of prep work I think the trainer needs to be there. Getting you through the first 8-12 weeks is fairly easy but its the last 4-8 weeks that is the important part and can make or break you. Eventually you will know how to do it yourself through trial and error but I'm sure Layne or Derek can push you in the right direction (although I still don't like low carb until the final weeks )

:bb:

Do you have tha same stance for someone not wanting to do cardio? Unless of course Coleman style cardio is OK... which it very well could be.
  12. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnlikelyToad
    Do you have tha same stance for someone not wanting to do cardio? Unless of course Coleman style cardio is OK... which it very well could be.
    depends upon your metabolism and how well you respond to cardio... or how poorly you respond to it. Some people throw in 15 minutes of HIIT a few days a week and it makes and unreal difference. Others do it everyday for 20 minutes and hardly anything happens.

-Layne
  13. Board Sponsor

Are you going to grace us with your prescence at the Jr. Nats seeing that you a pro now Layne?
  14. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Apowerz6
    Are you going to grace us with your prescence at the Jr. Nats seeing that you a pro now Layne?
    i'll be there brother!
  15. New Member

Thumbs up

Yes I"ve done pre contest for many people but I don't do it over the internet anymore. Bottom line is that I think for such a task you need someone there especially late in the game.

Having said that and if he does it anymore (since he turned pro) I would go with Layne Norton, (aka str8flexed) if you want someone extremely competent in that area.
    Bobo, you just took my high level of respect for you up another notch
  16. Registered User

I had to see what Bobo is saying about low carb to believe it.

Now I do. I got Awesome results working from Bobo's plan.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. letro cycle for contest prep
    By rocketman123 in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-15-2013, 11:00 PM
  2. CEL"S PCT is Helping Me For Contest Prep (Sponsored)
    By Aaelael in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 03-25-2010, 02:59 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 09:23 AM
  4. What and how to use these for contest diet
    By oldford911 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2006, 02:30 PM