anybody use bobo for contest prep?

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
tried searching bobo + contest prep and couldnt find any actual threads about bodybuilders using his program for competition. the FLA nutrition website does not have a contest prep program either but i assume the cutting/weight loss program would be what i wanted if i were to use his consulting. has anyone used bobo while preparing for a contest? what were your results? if i go through through FLA, am i one of clients or are there others that give diet/training advice?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes I"ve done pre contest for many people but I don't do it over the internet anymore. Bottom line is that I think for such a task you need someone there especially late in the game.

Having said that and if he does it anymore (since he turned pro) I would go with Layne Norton, (aka str8flexed) if you want someone extremely competent in that area.

heftylefty58

Awards
Damn, apparently I'm more clueless than I thought.... Based on your pics, WHulk, I'm surprised you would seek assistance with cutting/weight loss. In the pics I saw, you looked as shredded as I've ever seen anyone--including professional bodybuilders!

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Layne is a great GUY, also checkout Beast he is doing contest prep too... I would email him or check out his avy for contact info, as he helped me for free, when the guy I payed for sucked, and was just in it for me to buy his supps...

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
Damn, apparently I'm more clueless than I thought.... Based on your pics, WHulk, I'm surprised you would seek assistance with cutting/weight loss. In the pics I saw, you looked as shredded as I've ever seen anyone--including professional bodybuilders!
thanks for the kind words but my problem lies within holding on to my mass. i can cut up nicely and achieve a really low bodyfat but ill step onstage weighing 160 lbs standing 5'9". once i have it in my head that im cutting, i go crazy and change all variables at once which is stupid. i cut cals, increase cardio, and introduce thermos all at the same time and sacrifice muscle loss. hopefully, with a detailed plan i can control this better.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
Layne is a great GUY, also checkout Beast he is doing contest prep too... I would email him or check out his avy for contact info, as he helped me for free, when the guy I payed for sucked, and was just in it for me to buy his supps...
yeah, im planning on going through beast. looks like a solid choice but i hate low carbing which is his style. i didnt know layne did consulting as well.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you can cut fairly easy (which your pic shows) there really isn't a reason I see you need low carb at all. In fact, its quite the opposite.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
If you can cut fairly easy (which your pic shows) there really isn't a reason I see you need low carb at all. In fact, its quite the opposite.
thanks for the tip bobo, that is very reassuring to hear coming from you. i wish you still did contest prep packages but i understand your justification for not doing it. ive searched many of your posts to get your insight on several topics and i must say that ive never seen anyone more knowledgable than you when it comes to this. ill remain on the lookout for any of your new posts

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for the tip bobo, that is very reassuring to hear coming from you. i wish you still did contest prep packages but i understand your justification for not doing it. ive searched many of your posts to get your insight on several topics and i must say that ive never seen anyone more knowledgable than you when it comes to this. ill remain on the lookout for any of your new posts
Thanks WBH. For something that imporatant to someone and that amount of prep work I think the trainer needs to be there. Getting you through the first 8-12 weeks is fairly easy but its the last 4-8 weeks that is the important part and can make or break you. Eventually you will know how to do it yourself through trial and error but I'm sure Layne or Derek can push you in the right direction (although I still don't like low carb until the final weeks :) )

:bb:

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Thanks WBH. For something that imporatant to someone and that amount of prep work I think the trainer needs to be there. Getting you through the first 8-12 weeks is fairly easy but its the last 4-8 weeks that is the important part and can make or break you. Eventually you will know how to do it yourself through trial and error but I'm sure Layne or Derek can push you in the right direction (although I still don't like low carb until the final weeks :) )

:bb:

Do you have tha same stance for someone not wanting to do cardio? Unless of course Coleman style cardio is OK... which it very well could be.

str8flexed

Awards
Do you have tha same stance for someone not wanting to do cardio? Unless of course Coleman style cardio is OK... which it very well could be.
depends upon your metabolism and how well you respond to cardio... or how poorly you respond to it. Some people throw in 15 minutes of HIIT a few days a week and it makes and unreal difference. Others do it everyday for 20 minutes and hardly anything happens.

-Layne

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Are you going to grace us with your prescence at the Jr. Nats seeing that you a pro now Layne?

Malek256

Awards
Yes I"ve done pre contest for many people but I don't do it over the internet anymore. Bottom line is that I think for such a task you need someone there especially late in the game.

Having said that and if he does it anymore (since he turned pro) I would go with Layne Norton, (aka str8flexed) if you want someone extremely competent in that area.
Bobo, you just took my high level of respect for you up another notch :)

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
I had to see what Bobo is saying about low carb to believe it.

Now I do. I got Awesome results working from Bobo's plan.