**Insert funny remark here** (bulking with bobo)

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Morning weigh in and measurements

Weight 186.5lbs (had some bad cutting this year, first real cut for me)
Chest 42in
Shoulders 50.5in
Arms 14.5in (hoping this will improve some)
waist 30.75in
legs 23.75in (want to improve these too)
calf 15in (yes I know, nice and small)

Bodyfat percent 12.5%

Well I am off to start breakfast, lets get this plan rolling! I am very excited for this, ill hopefully log eod in this or more frequently if I can. My goals are to gain 10lbs. This in reality is pushing it, but im guessing ill gain that with water and some fat gain during this. Im hoping this will be a very learn bulk which with bobo I am guessing it will be. I would also like to put some size on my arms and legs, they are the parts that bug me the most.

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
GRRRR I want to subscribe but that damm mens health ad wont let me see thru it!!!!

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Up in the right hand corner, below the search function is "thread tools", click on it, there is a subcribe to thread option under that.

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
ok good the ad is gone now.... Got it thanks and good luck, I want to see how you do because I'm thinking about getting him myself!

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck man. I'm sure if you're honest with yourself and stay on the plan bobo has for you, you will be happy with the results.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
For all those wondering about the meal plan price. I am paying $40 a week for my bulking diet. This is incredibly cheap and much less than I expected. I bought everything in bulk I could from costco. So if you have a costco near you sign up. How the membership works is nice too. You pay the fee at the start of the year and when the year ends you get a check back equal to the amount you paid, its just in costco store credit which I doubt many would mind since you shop there anyways.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Alright i am on day 3 now, so far first two days were 100% on diet. THe one thing I am noticing as I guess many are when they bulk is finding a way to manage time along with getting all your food down. Its hard to plan a day out and still get your meals in. Anyone have some suggestions that help out (besides the obvious of bringing a cooler).

As far as training, well I definatly like bobo's plan to what I do. My plan was pretth boring and I like his variety. Some things are taking getting used to as in timing for sets and such. FOr some reason I am sore the next day after his workouts. Im not exactly sure why, they dont seem incredibly intense (at least not yet), maybe it just has to do with the timing of it that my muscles are not used to.

Well I am excited to weigh in on sunday. One thing that is different is I am not constantly watching the scale, mainly because I am not supposed to. I used to go through phases of checking it every morning and measuring very often, even though I know changes don't come that quick.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
For all those wondering about the meal plan price. I am paying $40 a week for my bulking diet. This is incredibly cheap and much less than I expected. I bought everything in bulk I could from costco. So if you have a costco near you sign up. How the membership works is nice too. You pay the fee at the start of the year and when the year ends you get a check back equal to the amount you paid, its just in costco store credit which I doubt many would mind since you shop there anyways.
So are you saying it is like a deposit? You pay like 35$ (heard that from a friend) and then you go the whole year and they give it back to you?

BTW will be tuning in w/ this thread SB. :) Good luck bro

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, could we see your diet/training regime please?..Quick, whilst the head clown isn't looking (Just kidding, I think Bobo is always watching)..Good luck snake.Subscribed

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So are you saying it is like a deposit? You pay like 35$ (heard that from a friend) and then you go the whole year and they give it back to you?

BTW will be tuning in w/ this thread SB. :) Good luck bro

Ok i got the info on it. It was not exactly what I said, but if you buy often there it basically has the same ending. YOu pay a membership, ($100 is what we spend on it) and you get a percentage of all your purchases back at the end of each year. Costco also says if your moeny back doesnt equal your membership they will cover the difference (double check on this part). Last year we ended up getting $125 back, more than our membership was worth since we shopped there enough. They are a nice place because not only do they have bulk products, but they also have some high end stuff as well. You can usually find lots of different specialty items from food to other things there. I like the place a lot.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, could we see your diet/training regime please?..Quick, whilst the head clown isn't looking (Just kidding, I think Bobo is always watching)..Good luck snake.Subscribed

Can do! There it is! You saw it right? Well you said go quick, it must have been tooo quick for you. Well thats just too bad.... :twisted:

Anyways, onto the training program. I am definatly getting DOMS with it. Around exactly one day after I am done training it hits me. Its been a while since I have been sore from lifting, his training is definatly enough of a difference for me. Either way all is going well.

FOr diet, since it was taking me so much time to eat my chicken, I decided to speed up the process and blend it with water and drink it, needless to say, it was a new experience for me. The consistancy of it was different than anything else. :burger:

Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
Blended H20 Chicken -mmmmmmm!!!

Prepare all your next day meals right after training - your still amped up from working out - It's what I have found to be the quickest solution - walking around with a cooler (insulated gym bag) and 1 gallon of water becomes normal after a while :)

good luck and getting your 10lb mark will be easy on this plan. Keep the eating style permanent and 20lbs will come in no time while reducing your bf%.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well about the reducing my bf part, im a little worried on that, I noticed yesterday my waist already looked bigger, measured this morning at first wake up after a piss and it is 31.25 now....not sure that should be up that much already, I guess ill see how the rest of the week goes and if it goes up more. On another bad note, my myotape measure broke :(, second one this year. First one I had lasted forever till this year, bought this next one 3 months ago and it broke already! :aargh: :rant: I really do not wnat to but another one, ill see what I have around the house or just use the myotape, the problem with it is that it is missing 1.75in on it to make up for where it connects back, obviously i can do the math, but it is just more difficult with it for some reason. MAybe ill go to a D.ICK's around here and see what they got.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well it is sunday morning and time for the fun stuff.

All weight and measurements were done after I woke up, took a leak and before I ate or drank anything. Here goes

chest 42.5 +.5in
shoulders 51.5in +1in
arms 14.75in +.25in
waist 31.5in +.75in
legs 24.25in +.5in
calf 15.5in +.5in

And weight is........192lbs +5.5lbs

This week went well for almost all aspects. Im guessing the initial weight gain is due to the fact i was cutting for so long and took one week off before the program and did not lift and only was eating around maintenance calories than. This was probably the refeed week. Either way, it is always nice to see an initial jump on everything to get you pumped up for the rest of the week. I missed on meal this past week, I came home and was just too damn tired to eat it and went to bed. Overall, I would say I am pleased with how well I did this week, missing 1 meal a week isn't going to hurt me much, it isn't going to help either, but its if I miss more than that regularly I will need to worry.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well it is sunday morning and time for the fun stuff.

All weight and measurements were done after I woke up, took a leak and before I ate or drank anything. Here goes

chest 42.5 +.5in
shoulders 51.5in +1in
arms 14.75in +.25in
waist 31.5in +.75in
legs 24.25in +.5in
calf 15.5in +.5in

And weight is........192lbs +5.5lbs

This week went well for almost all aspects. Im guessing the initial weight gain is due to the fact i was cutting for so long and took one week off before the program and did not lift and only was eating around maintenance calories than. This was probably the refeed week. Either way, it is always nice to see an initial jump on everything to get you pumped up for the rest of the week. I missed on meal this past week, I came home and was just too damn tired to eat it and went to bed. Overall, I would say I am pleased with how well I did this week, missing 1 meal a week isn't going to hurt me much, it isn't going to help either, but its if I miss more than that regularly I will need to worry.
Congrats SB! Nice gain for such a short time.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Congrats SB! Nice gain for such a short time.
I'd say so myself, but im pretty sure most of it is because of cutting so recently, none of these measurements are PR's yet, but they are definatly making me think I may not have lost as much muscle as I thought I did from cutting. Looks like I may have been very depleted, if it is not that, than bobo has just risen to GOD status in my book. :box:

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well the first problem I have to face now is being sick. Most of today I felt perfectly fine. This evening while watching a movie with my girlfriend my eyes just started to hurt, the kind of feeling where you have been staring at the computer WAY to long, I figured I must ahve just been on the computer to long. Well the nigh progressed on and I started feeling a little dizzy, I go take my temp and sure enough im 101 F. Not sure what I have, besides the the eyes and feeling dizzy, everything else is normal. Seems this is always how I get sick, I get the temperature and dizziness but there is nothing else with it as far as symptoms.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well heres the weight in for today, drum roll please......

weight 196 +4lbs
Chest 44in +1.5in
shoulders 52.25in +.75in
arms 15in +.25in
waist 32in +.5in
legs 25.25 +1in
calf 16in +.5in

Well all those measurements are great, but my question is at what cost. My weight jumped up again and so did my waist. I did bf% measurements today and I am at 13.5% now, 1% higher which I do not like. My problem is so far the gains have been PHENOMENAL which I do not plan to continue to gain like this, but am worried if calories are cut I may not gain at my best potential either. Decisions, decisions.....

I love bobosterone!

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
How tall are you? My theory is that your stomach is just fuller now because you're eating more, so your waste is gonna be a little bigger. I know my own waste will grow or shrink very quick when I start/stop bulking. Even with the bf measurement, I wouldn't sweat it yet. You're gaining like crazy. Keep it up.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
last I measured I was around 6'2ish, so tall, but not hugely tall. Also Ill be updating yesterdays stats on here later today, I just have to found where I wrote the measurements.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Update time (this was from sunday, I just didnt post it.

Weight 197lbs +1lbs (weight increase is back to normal now :()
chest 44.5in +.5in
shoulders 52.5in +.25in
arms 15in +0in
waist 32.5in +.5in
legs 25.75 +.5in
calf 16in +0

Well this week I still had some gains, but it could have been better, my training and diet were not on par this week due to many reasons. The up in my waist is my own fault, next week everything should be on again. Lets hope for some more gains.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
weight 197.5 lbs
chest 45 +.5in
shoulders 52.625 +1/8
arms 15.125 +1/8
waist 32 -.5
legs 25.75 +0
calves 16 +0

Well there that is. This past week my diet was much better than it had been the week before, I'd say I got about 90% of my meals in. Either way, most have gone up slightly and I lost a little around my waist which I am happy to see. This week I am going for 100% with the diet, see if I can't keep putting a little on. Right now, besides the chest, everything seems to go up at least every other week or so if I could keep this rate up I will be a happy man a few months from now......lol, doubt the gains will keep coming so fast either way.