Bobo

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
First off I'd like to say that I'm really intrigued by what I've read in regaurds to you personal training results. So here's my first question for you, and perhaps it will lead to more to come :) I've pretty much stuck to just whey (usually HDT or ON, 6 lb container) to add in an extra 150 to 200 grams or so. I generally get around 400 grams of protein a day. So my question is, are there any types/brands of protein that would really make a difference over just using whey like I have been?

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Not really. I use ON for after or preworkout. As far as night, I would use something like casienate for night-time protein(slow release). Most of your protein consumption comes from solid foods?

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I cannot tell a lie. I try to get half but more then half the days a week I probably get more protein from powder. I know, I know...I'm trying to up it to more food.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
I cannot tell a lie. I try to get half but more then half the days a week I probably get more protein from powder. I know, I know...I'm trying to up it to more food.

As long as you know...;)

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
As mentioned the best source for protein is food. Don't worry so much about the brand of powder your getting.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
All I can say is I tried GNC's brand a couple of months back. I couldn't resist a five lb jug for 20$. MAD F*CKIN DIAHRREA. No joke. And it tasted like they added liquid nolva to it. Never again

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I asked him if he had a preference, his reply to me was that he didn't care as long as it was just whey - no carbs or fat.

Jmin - I understand what you are saying, but whey shakes are essential to those of us that can't have 6 solid meals a day. A shake with oats thrown in are quick and a good meal.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That's cool boys, thanks for the input. I think that we're all on the same train of thought in that at least half (but more like 60%) of our protien intake shoud come from whole food. Do you conccur?

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I asked him if he had a preference, his reply to me was that he didn't care as long as it was just whey - no carbs or fat.

Jmin - I understand what you are saying, but whey shakes are essential to those of us that can't have 6 solid meals a day. A shake with oats thrown in are quick and a good meal.
I understand bro some days I'm busy and I use them to keep me going as well.

To really answer the orignal question. Compare labels and make sure your protein isn't loaded with sugar and or fat. I'm a fan of allthewhey (sponsor here) sometime I use the isolate and sometimes the blend. Depends on my goal at the time.