Need Advice on supplements

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

Need Advice on supplements

I'm going to run through a quick background which may help on what you recommend. I'm 23 and about 5 10 185 10% body fat. Ive been training off and on since i was in high school but didnt become extremely serious (strict dieting and consistent workouts) until about 7-8 months ago. I am in my opinion an extreme hardgainer as my natural bodyweight is 154. In 4 1/2 months I bulked up 30 lbs while on adding a little over 1% body fat! Since that time I have not been able to put on any weight and my gains have hit a plateau even while changing my routine. I currently eat 5000-5500 calories/day.

I have tried many supplements over the years with little results in my opinion but then again my nutrition wasnt always optimal. Recently I have taken such products as creatine, GAKIC, and nitrobolic (which I am currently taking). I also supplement with glutamine, taurine, arginine, carnosine, pycnogenol and lipoic acid (w/ nitrobolic). Over the past month or so I have been contemplating taking LG's methyl-1-alpha but after having done some searches on this forum i dont feel so enthused about taking this product because of its potential side effects. I noticed ppl were talking about alternatives, could those with experience give me your opinions on possible supplementation and/or cycles for someone of my stature. P.S. I am not necessairly looking for "mainstream" supp's, e.g. those by muscletech, eas, etc.

thanks

2. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

First of all, if what you are saying is true, keep up the good work.

Also, I would really recommend you look at PowerFULL by USPlabs and also Activate by Designer Supplements. I've personally used Act and it is a great product, many others agree.

The feedback for PowerFULL seems extremely good as well. It is very likely that you will not experience any sort of negative sides on either of these supplements. Good luck.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

Quote Originally Posted by Rage (SoCal)
    First of all, if what you are saying is true, keep up the good work.

Also, I would really recommend you look at PowerFULL by USPlabs and also Activate by Designer Supplements. I've personally used Act and it is a great product, many others agree.

The feedback for PowerFULL seems extremely good as well. It is very likely that you will not experience any sort of negative sides on either of these supplements. Good luck.

Thanks for the quick reply I'm gonna check those out.

I would also like to note I am looking to bulk...my goal is 220. That may help when recommending supp's.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

My recommendations stand, they are solid recommendations. Search around the forum for reinforcement.

Similar Forum Threads

1. 20 yr. old needing advice on supplements...???
    By tgib08 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 04:20 PM
  2. Need advice on Supplements !
    By jmma062803 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 07:41 PM
  3. need advice on supplements
    By jonathonk10d in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 01:07 AM
  4. Replies: 9