Leg Workouts = problem for me

Mr_Fixit

Awards
Hey guys I have a question. I been working out my legs once a week since I read it’s important to do so. I replaced leg presses with lunges, and when I finished working out today. My legs kept giving out on me. What I mean by this is I would be walking and my quads would tighten then I couldn’t standstill anymore and I would fall. Does anyone know why this is happening? Did I over train too much? My legs exercises are just three sets of weighted squats, three sets of lunges with weights, and my calve work out.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you are deficient in potassium and possibly calcium. Severe cramping is a result of your muscles using up all available K and Ca. the muscles have a tough time sending and recieving nerve impulses so they seize up. If you are new to working out/heavy lifts, this is not terribly unusual and just means you are not conditioned to the number of sets and reps yet.

Potassium supplements and a sports drink prior to and during lifting can also help.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you are deficient in potassium and possibly calcium. Severe cramping is a result of your muscles using up all available K and Ca. the muscles have a tough time sending and recieving nerve impulses so they seize up. If you are new to working out/heavy lifts, this is not terribly unusual and just means you are not conditioned to the number of sets and reps yet.

Potassium supplements and a sports drink prior to and during lifting can also help.

Bump, pick up a powerade or something some type of sports drink. Seems like you just haven't worked legs in awhile. Probably because you haven't trained them in awhile. They probably aren't use to being worked like that. Are you eating before you do legs?