Help with trimming down abdominal area... - AnabolicMinds.com

Help with trimming down abdominal area...

1. New Member

Help with trimming down abdominal area...

Alright im 22 years old and have a pretty nice build.. Im 6'2 and around 205-210 lbs... i plan on bulking up to around 225...

alright heres teh probelm.. My whole body looks fine except for my abdominal area... I have a nice size stomach/gut from bulking and drinking...

how would one go about trimming down that certain area????? what exercises and for how long???????

2. :::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::

There's really no such thing as 'spot reduction' or from what I have read. Try giving up the drinking and getting a better diet. Also, doing cardio 3 to 4 times a week wouldn't hurt either. Once you have those things down, you could throw in a thermo or get something like Albuterol.
  3. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JordyRoc
    Alright im 22 years old and have a pretty nice build.. Im 6'2 and around 205-210 lbs... i plan on bulking up to around 225...

alright heres teh probelm.. My whole body looks fine except for my abdominal area... I have a nice size stomach/gut from bulking and drinking...

how would one go about trimming down that certain area????? what exercises and for how long???????
    You can't spot reduce fat. The ab region (specifically lower abs) is the last place you'll burn it and the first place you'll store it. Check your diet and try HIIT cardio.

If you happen to have a low bf% already, but your abs have no size, try adding resistance to the ab exercises you are doing (e.g. cable crunches)
    •   

4. Advanced Member

actually spot reduction is slowly becoming real... look into lipoderm ultra or GIANT's new LIPOSOLV... i've been hearing promising results... its worth a shot.
  5. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TenMan
    Check your diet and try HIIT cardio.

If you happen to have a low bf% already, but your abs have no size, try adding resistance to the ab exercises you are doing (e.g. cable crunches)
    Both excellent ideas, try HIIT cardio for a 10 min cooldown after you workout, it will keep ya trim while not inhibiting muscle growth...And what is your diet like?
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.

Also routinely doing sets of stomach vacuums can reduce the girth(NOT bodyfat) and tighten up the overall size of the midsection, while you're dieting.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

It's not even worth arguing if spot reduction is real or not, if you still have a gut you still have fat, by the time you lose your stomach the rest of your body will be looking even better. It's long and slow but worth the pain!
    My advice is to remain close to your goal (don't stay heavy after a bulk cycle) and I know you've heard this before but the older you get the harder it is to take off. At 40 it's 3 times as hard to lose 3 or 4 lbs of fat then it was to lose 5lbs when I was 30.

Good Luck
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. need help with getting my training down
    By Austin Green in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 09:54 AM
  2. HELP Trimming down in 3 weeks
    By Glove8 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-10-2013, 11:06 AM
  3. Replies: 2