IRONMAN "HIT"

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Exclamation IRONMAN "HIT"


    New to the board and would like the opinion of Bobo and other training experts about the IRONMAN HIGH INTENSITY training program everyone has been raving about over at PROFESSIONAL MUSCLE..

    Would truly appreciate it..


  2. Why don't you just try it for yourself and find out like I did.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Tough Old Man
    Why don't you just try it for yourself and find out like I did.
    And the answer would be?????

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Tough Old Man
    Why don't you just try it for yourself and find out like I did.
    Wtf.....
    why should he have give a couple of months to a program before you will give him some feedback.

    If that was how this board worked it wouldn't exist.

  5. heard good things about it. similar principles as DC training.
    •   
       


  6. I believe in trial and error. Why not give it a shot to see if you even like the program. I've tried several different programs only to give it up after the first week or so because I didn't like the setup or the way it "felt". If others are raving about it on another board give it a shot. What do you have to lose.

  7. *sigh*


    I keep wondering why people think that a different "training" style is going to make THAT much of a difference and I SELL THEM!
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  8. I paid good money for yours! I hope it does something!!

    (yes i know diet is just as important!)

  9. Just as? Try 10x more.

    Consistent progress is gained by constantly adpating to results. The program that I give you is only so good for a certain amount of time before it has to change based on your progress. If I could send you a package with information that would last forever it would be MUCH easier. Any program (diet/training) that doesn't consistently change is worthless for long term results IMO.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey Steve
    Wtf.....
    why should he have give a couple of months to a program before you will give him some feedback.

    If that was how this board worked it wouldn't exist.
    Precisely...I'm asking a simple question here...

    Rumor now has it this IRON MAN character has trained several professional's..

    Anyone know if this is legit???

  11. So what?

    Professionals are easy to train. Actually any competitor is easy to train.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  12. So Iron Man is a guy? I thought you were talking about the muscle rag. So you have to pay this guy? If I were to pay anyone to train me it would be Bobo. BTW, Bobo, what are your thoughts on Static Contraction? I happened to be bored this weekend and took a look at a book some guy I know had that covered the subject extensively. Apparently you can create an entire weight lifting program based on this principle alone. I've heard of lifting weights, but holding weights? It even had studies showing significant results in subjects who only worked out on average, 1 to 2 times per week. What's up?

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    *sigh*


    I keep wondering why people think that a different "training" style is going to make THAT much of a difference and I SELL THEM!
    I don't think any one training program will make me grow any faster per say. I do think I will grow at a faster rate if I happen to enjoy the program I use. It just so happens that I enjoy training using "DC" more so than any other program I have used. I have also noticed the best results when using "DC". Make sense? If I did have the money though, I would be happy to hire you as a trainer for a few months. I could stand to learn a few things from someone who knows a whole lot.

  14. Nothing new at all. It just focuses on increasing ECC times. It works to a point but you are eliminating much of the flexbility of the program by eliminating the CON movement (along with eliminating some benefits). Will it help you grow? Yes. Is it optimal for growth? Not even close.

    This was a rage about a year ago as many Hollywood types were swearing by it. That should tell you right there
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    I don't think any one training program will make me grow any faster per say. I do think I will grow at a faster rate if I happen to enjoy the program I use. It just so happens that I enjoy training using "DC" more so than any other program I have used. I have also noticed the best results when using "DC". Make sense? If I did have the money though, I would be happy to hire you as a trainer for a few months. I could stand to learn a few things from someone who knows a whole lot.
    I find this scenario a lot. Switching to any organized and scheduled program generally gives one the "best" results because their former training was probably lacking.

    Any program that is based on increasing ECC times is generally benficial because almost 99% of the people in various gyms don't perform exercises properly and take the amount of time needed to perform the rep. Slow them down, increase ECC times and their results will flourish. Its not rocket science. Its just funny that someone named it.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Nothing new at all. It just focuses on increasing ECC times. It works to a point but you are eliminating much of the flexbility of the program by eliminating the CON movement (along with eliminating some benefits). Will it help you grow? Yes. Is it optimal for growth? Not even close.

    This was a rage about a year ago as many Hollywood types were swearing by it. That should tell you right there
    Where have I been.

    I've heard of it, but not as in the sense as being used as an entire workout program. If I did it, It would only be for a short period of time and just for the hell of it.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    BTW, Bobo, what are your thoughts on Static Contraction? I happened to be bored this weekend and took a look at a book some guy I know had that covered the subject extensively. Apparently you can create an entire weight lifting program based on this principle alone. I've heard of lifting weights, but holding weights? It even had studies showing significant results in subjects who only worked out on average, 1 to 2 times per week. What's up?
    Ask DieTrying about isometrics. He's probably convered that by now.


    Its another examples of what you learn when you actually study this area formally. But some people frown upon that...


    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    I find this scenario a lot. Switching to any organized and scheduled program generally gives one the "best" results because their former training was probably lacking.

    Any program that is based on increasing ECC times is generally benficial because almost 99% of the people in various gyms don't perform exercises properly and take the amount of time needed to perform the rep. Slow them down, increase ECC times and their results will flourish. Its not rocket science. Its just funny that someone named it.
    Kinda wish I had someone like you to train/mentor me 6+ years ago. Not that I'm lacking in the muscular department, but I could definately use some of that knowledge you hold in that noggin of yours. I've always had to find **** out on my own through trial and error and just overall experience. I'm sure I would be further ahead than I am now. It has been fun though.

  19. Take college courses. You will seriously figure out that out some of the "advanced" training program you read about on the net are taken out of Chapter 1 of various textbooks.

    Here an example. Chapter 1 of a text that I've had for 4 years lists "Periodization", "Porgressive Overload", "Isometrics" (what you described above), "Isotonic", etc....the list goes on....


    ...but when you read it on the internet they will amke it sound like its some advanced technique. Hardly.....
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  20. The bottom line is they all work to a point. There isn't one that is THAT much better than the others. THe most important aspect is diet....That is what bulks you up and that is what cuts you down.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  21. Definately. Try growing off of 3 MRE's a day and a little protein powder. You'll grow alright...around the waist.

    Seriously though, a little help in the diet department wouldn't hurt.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    Definately. Try growing off of 3 MRE's a day and a little protein powder. You'll grow alright...around the waist.

    Seriously though, a little help in the diet department wouldn't hurt.
    Be carefull what you ask for, I feel as bloated as a beelzbub right now. This diet that bobo has me on is killer. Not used to eating so much. I though I ate alot before,YFR!!! I hope i get used to it by monday. My stoamach actually hurts.

  23. Thats the plan. I am evil.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  24. Awesome.

    I always knew Bobo was an "evil" clown.

  25. Good thing crunches arent on my list for today!!!

  26. Quote Originally Posted by revodrew
    Be carefull what you ask for, I feel as bloated as a beelzbub right now. This diet that bobo has me on is killer. Not used to eating so much. I though I ate alot before,YFR!!! I hope i get used to it by monday. My stoamach actually hurts.
    I was in the same boat. Get digestive enzymes

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    I was in the same boat. Get digestive enzymes
    Where might I got to pick some up?

    Thanks in advance

  28. Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    what are your thoughts on Static Contraction?
    I used it for a while....
    it didn't do much for looks but I made unreal increases in strength. I think i would recommend if for powerlifters

  29. Yes, some people experience this due to isometrics but it seems the same can be achieved just by increasing your ECC times. You can incorporate that much easier into a program rather than setting aside a complete set or sets to isometric exercises.

    In other words, a system based on periodization for strenght and size seems to work the best IMO.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    So what?

    Professionals are easy to train. Actually any competitor is easy to train.
    Rumor has he he turned them into professionals while they had spinned their wheels at the nationals for years. It would appear IRONMAN as yourself has others eating laods of food.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 01:52 PM
  2. To quote a famous book "Winter is coming"
    By maggmaster in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-19-2003, 01:04 AM
  3. Trouble seeing quotes
    By Hal in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 08:51 PM
  4. Arnold Quote, funny read
    By Biggs in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-02-2003, 12:31 AM
  5. quoting...
    By sage in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-20-2002, 10:56 AM
Log in
Log in