IRONMAN "HIT"

Q

quadzilla

Awards
New to the board and would like the opinion of Bobo and other training experts about the IRONMAN HIGH INTENSITY training program everyone has been raving about over at PROFESSIONAL MUSCLE..

Would truly appreciate it..

T

Tough Old Man

Awards
Why don't you just try it for yourself and find out like I did.

W

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
Why don't you just try it for yourself and find out like I did.
Wtf.....
why should he have give a couple of months to a program before you will give him some feedback.

If that was how this board worked it wouldn't exist.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
heard good things about it. similar principles as DC training.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I believe in trial and error. Why not give it a shot to see if you even like the program. I've tried several different programs only to give it up after the first week or so because I didn't like the setup or the way it "felt". If others are raving about it on another board give it a shot. What do you have to lose.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
*sigh*

I keep wondering why people think that a different "training" style is going to make THAT much of a difference and I SELL THEM!

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
I paid good money for yours! I hope it does something!!:blink:

(yes i know diet is just as important!)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just as? Try 10x more.

Consistent progress is gained by constantly adpating to results. The program that I give you is only so good for a certain amount of time before it has to change based on your progress. If I could send you a package with information that would last forever it would be MUCH easier. Any program (diet/training) that doesn't consistently change is worthless for long term results IMO.

Q

quadzilla

Awards
Wtf.....
why should he have give a couple of months to a program before you will give him some feedback.

If that was how this board worked it wouldn't exist.
Precisely...I'm asking a simple question here...:study:

Rumor now has it this IRON MAN character has trained several professional's..

Anyone know if this is legit???

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So what?

Professionals are easy to train. Actually any competitor is easy to train.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
So Iron Man is a guy? I thought you were talking about the muscle rag. So you have to pay this guy? If I were to pay anyone to train me it would be Bobo. BTW, Bobo, what are your thoughts on Static Contraction? I happened to be bored this weekend and took a look at a book some guy I know had that covered the subject extensively. Apparently you can create an entire weight lifting program based on this principle alone. I've heard of lifting weights, but holding weights? It even had studies showing significant results in subjects who only worked out on average, 1 to 2 times per week. What's up?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
*sigh*

I keep wondering why people think that a different "training" style is going to make THAT much of a difference and I SELL THEM!
I don't think any one training program will make me grow any faster per say. I do think I will grow at a faster rate if I happen to enjoy the program I use. It just so happens that I enjoy training using "DC" more so than any other program I have used. I have also noticed the best results when using "DC". Make sense? If I did have the money though, I would be happy to hire you as a trainer for a few months. I could stand to learn a few things from someone who knows a whole lot.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing new at all. It just focuses on increasing ECC times. It works to a point but you are eliminating much of the flexbility of the program by eliminating the CON movement (along with eliminating some benefits). Will it help you grow? Yes. Is it optimal for growth? Not even close.

This was a rage about a year ago as many Hollywood types were swearing by it. That should tell you right there :)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think any one training program will make me grow any faster per say. I do think I will grow at a faster rate if I happen to enjoy the program I use. It just so happens that I enjoy training using "DC" more so than any other program I have used. I have also noticed the best results when using "DC". Make sense? If I did have the money though, I would be happy to hire you as a trainer for a few months. I could stand to learn a few things from someone who knows a whole lot.
I find this scenario a lot. Switching to any organized and scheduled program generally gives one the "best" results because their former training was probably lacking.

Any program that is based on increasing ECC times is generally benficial because almost 99% of the people in various gyms don't perform exercises properly and take the amount of time needed to perform the rep. Slow them down, increase ECC times and their results will flourish. Its not rocket science. Its just funny that someone named it.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Nothing new at all. It just focuses on increasing ECC times. It works to a point but you are eliminating much of the flexbility of the program by eliminating the CON movement (along with eliminating some benefits). Will it help you grow? Yes. Is it optimal for growth? Not even close.

This was a rage about a year ago as many Hollywood types were swearing by it. That should tell you right there :)
Where have I been. :)

I've heard of it, but not as in the sense as being used as an entire workout program. If I did it, It would only be for a short period of time and just for the hell of it.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
BTW, Bobo, what are your thoughts on Static Contraction? I happened to be bored this weekend and took a look at a book some guy I know had that covered the subject extensively. Apparently you can create an entire weight lifting program based on this principle alone. I've heard of lifting weights, but holding weights? It even had studies showing significant results in subjects who only worked out on average, 1 to 2 times per week. What's up?
Ask DieTrying about isometrics. He's probably convered that by now.

Its another examples of what you learn when you actually study this area formally. But some people frown upon that...

:lol:

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I find this scenario a lot. Switching to any organized and scheduled program generally gives one the "best" results because their former training was probably lacking.

Any program that is based on increasing ECC times is generally benficial because almost 99% of the people in various gyms don't perform exercises properly and take the amount of time needed to perform the rep. Slow them down, increase ECC times and their results will flourish. Its not rocket science. Its just funny that someone named it.
Kinda wish I had someone like you to train/mentor me 6+ years ago. Not that I'm lacking in the muscular department, but I could definately use some of that knowledge you hold in that noggin of yours. I've always had to find **** out on my own through trial and error and just overall experience. I'm sure I would be further ahead than I am now. It has been fun though.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Take college courses. You will seriously figure out that out some of the "advanced" training program you read about on the net are taken out of Chapter 1 of various textbooks.

Here an example. Chapter 1 of a text that I've had for 4 years lists "Periodization", "Porgressive Overload", "Isometrics" (what you described above), "Isotonic", etc....the list goes on....

...but when you read it on the internet they will amke it sound like its some advanced technique. Hardly.....

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The bottom line is they all work to a point. There isn't one that is THAT much better than the others. THe most important aspect is diet....That is what bulks you up and that is what cuts you down.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Definately. Try growing off of 3 MRE's a day and a little protein powder. You'll grow alright...around the waist. :lol:

Seriously though, a little help in the diet department wouldn't hurt.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
Definately. Try growing off of 3 MRE's a day and a little protein powder. You'll grow alright...around the waist. :lol:

Seriously though, a little help in the diet department wouldn't hurt.
Be carefull what you ask for, I feel as bloated as a beelzbub right now. This diet that bobo has me on is killer. Not used to eating so much. I though I ate alot before,YFR!!! I hope i get used to it by monday. My stoamach actually hurts.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats the plan. I am evil.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Awesome.

I always knew Bobo was an "evil" clown.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
Good thing crunches arent on my list for today!!!:sick:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Be carefull what you ask for, I feel as bloated as a beelzbub right now. This diet that bobo has me on is killer. Not used to eating so much. I though I ate alot before,YFR!!! I hope i get used to it by monday. My stoamach actually hurts.
I was in the same boat. Get digestive enzymes :thumbsup:

W

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
what are your thoughts on Static Contraction?
I used it for a while....
it didn't do much for looks but I made unreal increases in strength. I think i would recommend if for powerlifters

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, some people experience this due to isometrics but it seems the same can be achieved just by increasing your ECC times. You can incorporate that much easier into a program rather than setting aside a complete set or sets to isometric exercises.

In other words, a system based on periodization for strenght and size seems to work the best IMO.

Q

quadzilla

Awards
So what?

Professionals are easy to train. Actually any competitor is easy to train.
Rumor has he he turned them into professionals while they had spinned their wheels at the nationals for years. It would appear IRONMAN as yourself has others eating laods of food. :jaw:

Q

quadzilla

Awards
So Iron Man is a guy? I thought you were talking about the muscle rag. So you have to pay this guy? If I were to pay anyone to train me it would be Bobo. BTW, Bobo, what are your thoughts on Static Contraction? I happened to be bored this weekend and took a look at a book some guy I know had that covered the subject extensively. Apparently you can create an entire weight lifting program based on this principle alone. I've heard of lifting weights, but holding weights? It even had studies showing significant results in subjects who only worked out on average, 1 to 2 times per week. What's up?
I've only had one straihgt forward answer and that was from the DEVIL himslef- Belzebulb. :icon_lol:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ONE straight forward answer?

So you come to MY forum and ask about another personal trainer then say I havne't given you a straight answer?

Its real simple, go ASK HIM. If you want me to tear it apart I won't because as with most resistant training programs they ALL work as long as you EAT ENOUGH.

Straight enough?!?!?!?!?!

:saw:

:rant:

:trout:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rumor has he he turned them into professionals while they had spinned their wheels at the nationals for years. It would appear IRONMAN as yourself has others eating laods of food. :jaw:
Then good for him. I don't really like to deal with competitors on a national level simply because I don't want to be affiliated with the enormous amounts of drug use that goes on.

I have 3 of them training down the street here in South Florida.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
The bottom line is they all work to a point. There isn't one that is THAT much better than the others. THe most important aspect is diet....That is what bulks you up and that is what cuts you down.
Good quote of my friend who was a local amateur for a couple years:
"Everything works, nothing works for long."

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wise man.

Q

quadzilla

Awards
ONE straight forward answer?

So you come to MY forum and ask about another personal trainer then say I havne't given you a straight answer?

Its real simple, go ASK HIM. If you want me to tear it apart I won't because as with most resistant training programs they ALL work as long as you EAT ENOUGH.

Straight enough?!?!?!?!?!

:saw:

:rant:

:trout:
Bobo I honestly meant no disrespect to you or other members. If one training routine is as productive as the next then why would you charge others for your training program? We all know it takes massive eating to get massive.Thats my question and again I mean no disrespect. I am a 19 year old newbie trying to discern the truth aside from all the BULL ****..

Q

quadzilla

Awards
Then good for him. I don't really like to deal with competitors on a national level simply because I don't want to be affiliated with the enormous amounts of drug use that goes on.

I have 3 of them training down the street here in South Florida.
Yaue he did mention something in his thread about drugs playing a large role then other hand this DOGCRAPP character is boasting about training someone that made it to the Pro Level using no drugs ever in his life. Sounds fishy but is that even possible with your given experience? :wtf:

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
IRON MAN's routine looks solid. As stated, it is a good, logical approach. Probably works better for some than others (as all do) based on different body types, muscle fiber distribution, etc. Seems worth trying if you're looking to mix it up a bit or if an old routine has gone stale.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bobo I honestly meant no disrespect to you or other members. If one training routine is as productive as the next then why would you charge others for your training program? We all know it takes massive eating to get massive.Thats my question and again I mean no disrespect. I am a 19 year old newbie trying to discern the truth aside from all the BULL ****..
Because the most important aspect of any training routine is the diet. I don't give you a training routine then say "Here you go kid, have a good one".

So instaed of comparing his to mine at least knows what goes into mine.

I know what you eat at every meal because I write it out. THen I make the necessary changes as you progress. Its a bit more "hands on". That is why I said this:

"Consistent progress is gained by constantly adpating to results. The program that I give you is only so good for a certain amount of time before it has to change based on your progress. If I could send you a package with information that would last forever it would be MUCH easier. Any program (diet/training) that doesn't consistently change is worthless for long term results IMO."

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yaue he did mention something in his thread about drugs playing a large role then other hand this DOGCRAPP character is boasting about training someone that made it to the Pro Level using no drugs ever in his life. Sounds fishy but is that even possible with your given experience? :wtf:
I know a guy that has done that. Sure its possible. Anything is possible.

But the point is that competitors in general are very easy to train and respond very differently to what most people do. You tell them to eat **** and do backflips and they will do it if they think its will help. That is why advertising that you have trained competitors doesn't do much for me because 90% of the battle is getting a client to do what you ask. Most competitors, once committed to you, will do almost anything you say and eat anything you tell them no matter how bland and monotonous. They also respond generally better than the general public.

Now taking an ordinary guy and getting him shredded with good muscle tone is a different thing. Much harder to do in my book....

...but I've done it!! :D

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Comparing Bobo's program to IRONMAN's thread is comparing apples to oranges.

IRONMAN is posting a thread with some very nice advice and information.

Bobo offers a workout and eating program custom made depending upon MANY MANY factors that are individual to you and as he says he keeps tabs on you and adjusts the eating and program as needed.

Quadzilla, I suggest that you post in the thread you read about IRONMAN If you have some questions and not ask them here as IRONMAN is not here.

But if you want an individualized program inwhich you will get more positive results in 12 weeks then probably the past year or more then Bobo is your man.

CROWLER

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
You tell them to eat **** and do backflips and they will do it if they think its will help.
Sweet eating **** and backflips is all I need to do?? Olympia here I come and I owe it all to Bobo.. :twisted: