3 plates per side...

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I know it's not a huge amount for alot of you men out there.. but damn it gentlemen, I just put up 315 pounds BB squats ass to box for 8 solid reps tonight. And I'm totally proud about it. :p

:dance:

I just had to let people know...

4 plates a side, around the corner.. that I promise you. :mrgreen:

p.s. an excellent way to celebrate my 60th straight perfect diet day.

IRserge

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Nothin to it but to do it. And good job with keeping consistent on the diet, thats key. I've been on a perfect diet for the past 185 days. BEAT THAT!! haha :twisted:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
damn poob. hella impressive for an old canadian guy, lol :)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Nice work man! 315 is a lot more wieght than 99% of the population is squatting..which is to say, they're not even excercising.

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks gentlemen. :)

Nothin to it but to do it. And good job with keeping consistent on the diet, thats key. I've been on a perfect diet for the past 185 days. BEAT THAT!! haha :twisted:
IRserge, I'm impressed.. Do you have cheat meals at all? Every 30 days of perfect dieting, I head out someplace nice and eat whatever the heck I want. Saturday night is the night.. I'm thinking Pat & Mario's.. ceaser salad, 1 pound of suicide wings, with blue cheese dipping sauce, and a cut of grade AAA Strip loin, with sauteed mushrooms, and a side of shrimp, and a baked pototoe (or alfredo fetticuine).. And carrot cake if I can get my hands on it. (but it's planned so I'll just keep on counting... lol)

damn poob. hella impressive for an old canadian guy, lol :)
Jeez, thanks... lol. I'm 33 and feeling younger each and every day. And I pass for 22-25. Or so said the young attractive Hairdresser that cut my hair a week or so ago.. along with asking me what I was doing that weekend, if I was seeing someone, and making sure I knew she wasn't seeing someone. hehe. :p (I've fell in love though.. so the poor girl with have to go without.)

Nice work man! 315 is a lot more wieght than 99% of the population is squatting..which is to say, they're not even excercising.
I don't doubt that.. and actually I'd honestly say its closer to 99.7 - 99.8% of the population.. cause honestly, I don't know whats up with these lame arse bodybuilders. I've only seen one other guy in my gym with 3 plates per side on, this guy is known as Godzillathon. 6'7" black dude, with 25" arms and ripped. Totally freaking scary looking. (but an awsome guy, he's always listening to led zepplin or pink floyd (my favorites)). But he don't even barely go 3/4's of the way down. There is a bunch of other strong and ripped guys too that can bench twice as much as me, but don't even touch the squat bar... one chum tried to jump in with me just to see how he would fair, and couldn't even do one rep of what I had on at the time(about 250).

Don't get me wrong, I have seen 2 or 3 guys that are leg pressing substancially more then me... machine holds 7 plates per side, and you can stack them on top after that. I'm doing 3 sets of 8 @ 605 pounds. (moving up next time).... where as I seen guys with a full stack and about 4 more on top. But more or less people seem to be scared to squat heavy, even alot of great looking and strong individuals... go figure.

Put it this way... there is just one squat rack in my gym.. my gym is very busy.. specially after work, when I go... and I've never really had a problem getting it.. It's free almost all the time, except for the occasional person doing BB curls.. (GRRRR).

:)

Last edited:

IRserge

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
no i havent cheated at all. I actually get to my my first cheat this Sunday, A nice big london broil with a big baked potato. Those sauted mushrooms sound nice I might have to throw those in.

bda55

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey good job man!
And 60 days of perfect diet? :blink: When I'm cutting I might manage a week or 3 of perfect diet, but 60 days? Damn.. Respect.. especially seeing where you're coming from (no offense).

I also just recently passed a "benchmark" for my squats, i.e. 150kg (yeah yeah I'm from Europe), I hope to reach "4 plates" within this year! (12 months) :head:

KD1

Awards
  • Established
I can do 3 plates on squat for reps but have never been able to quite get there on bench. I get stuck on 305.

Nabeshin

Nabeshin

Awards
  • Established
Well. I was all excited about announcing that tonight I had two plates on each side for 8 reps. There goes that idea. :rasp:

:rofl:

Awesome work, Poobah. That is a lot of weight, and you should be damn proud that you were moving it with perfect form.

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well. I was all excited about announcing that tonight I had two plates on each side for 8 reps. There goes that idea. :rasp:

:rofl:

Awesome work, Poobah. That is a lot of weight, and you should be damn proud that you were moving it with perfect form.
Grats on 2 plates.. but I never said perfect form.. form was decent, but definately getting shakey during the last 2 reps... I started to lean a bit forward on that last one for sure.. But all in all, my back felt great, and no strain at all. Which is good. :)

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
Thats pretty good poobah! Box squats are a bitch eh?