morning cardio plan

davisville64

Awards
Since I am bulking, I took all cardio out of my program. However, I have started to gain too much fat, and before school cardio is GREAT for the soul, so i'm going to do morning cardio 2x a week. I'm going to keep the intensity moderate at highest for about 25 mins., I dont want any muscle loss.

Nutrition:
pre cardio-
1 red bull
twinlab amino fuel- 20g protein total or so, I want liquid so it hits my system asap
1 banana
1 piece of toast

after cardio- (so about an hour after 1st meal)
protein bar- 20g protein
1 boost shake- 15g protein 35 carbs
1 piece fruit
1 piece toast (cold as hell at this point :sad: )

Sound like a plan?

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
Well, it sound like a good plan but your body will be the true judge. How about you give that plan up to 7 days to work and make your decision from that point.

I do cardio early in the morning. I take BCAA, CEE, HMB, glutamine, whey protein and 30 ounce of water, 20mins before I run 4 miles, twice a week. I will be adding a third day next week and an extra mile. I also jump rope 15 minutes straight, right after the run. When I finish with the cardio workout…I take Pure Vitargo and mix the BCAA, CEE, HMB and Whey in a shaker and it replenish my energy levels and it keeps my muscle full.

The supplements I take are design to minimize muscle breakdown, which can occur after intense exercise and its back by a lot of research.

Since I am bulking, I took all cardio out of my program. However, I have started to gain too much fat, and before school cardio is GREAT for the soul, so i'm going to do morning cardio 2x a week. I'm going to keep the intensity moderate at highest for about 25 mins., I dont want any muscle loss.

Nutrition:
pre cardio-
1 red bull
twinlab amino fuel- 20g protein total or so, I want liquid so it hits my system asap
1 banana
1 piece of toast

after cardio- (so about an hour after 1st meal)
protein bar- 20g protein
1 boost shake- 15g protein 35 carbs
1 piece fruit
1 piece toast (cold as hell at this point :sad: )

Sound like a plan?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Bobo's stated elsewhere on here that in his opinion the catabolism worry from pre-breakfast cardio is overrated.

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
Well, I learned from experience that each body type is different and you must do what work for you. I tried the same routine without my setup two years back and lost a lot of muscle mass but since I added the supplements I mention...Their is little or no muscle mass lost during my cardio routine. I also have a couple of friends that follow my same routine and they having the same success.

Bobo's stated elsewhere on here that in his opinion the catabolism worry from pre-breakfast cardio is overrated.