Lef pain..

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Leg pain..

Today i was squating when all of a sudded i felt like i had a bad shin splint. I just kept going and thought nothing of it.. Now 12 hours later i feel a bump on my upper shin and it is still killing me.. What is right there? It is like an inch or two under the knee.. If i press it, it feels bruised..

I just dont want to be out for a while do to this BS.

Any ideas?

D-

IRserge

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The same exact thing happened to me just 3 weeks ago, you probably just tweaked something. All i did was ice it twice a day and massage it a little and it mostly went away in 5-6 days, depending on the severity of your injury I would say if it doesn't feel any better after a week just take an extra week or two off leg training until it heels up, when you get back into the gym work with lighter weights.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The same exact thing happened to me just 3 weeks ago, you probably just tweaked something. All i did was ice it twice a day and massage it a little and it mostly went away in 5-6 days, depending on the severity of your injury I would say if it doesn't feel any better after a week just take an extra week or two off leg training until it heels up, when you get back into the gym work with lighter weights.
Yea it is weird **** bro.. I dont even know what is there, is it a tendon or something. I thought the shin was just a big bone.>LOL

I am going to be pissed if i can train legs.. Did your hurt when you were just walking around?

D-

IRserge

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think it is a tendon, I had slight pain when just walking but I couldn't run for the life of me, the pain was just too much. It also hurt a lot going up and down stairs.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think it is a tendon, I had slight pain when just walking but I couldn't run for the life of me, the pain was just too much. It also hurt a lot going up and down stairs.
your IT band goes right up to your tibia

try stretching your glutes/TFL, foam rolling IT band and quad

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Yea it is weird **** bro.. I dont even know what is there, is it a tendon or something. I thought the shin was just a big bone.>LOL
Try running a marathon and then tell me the shin is just one big bone;)
You will feel a strained muscle there worse then you can imagine. The muscle is called the tibialis anterior. Check it out: http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/TibialisAnterior.html

It is tough to stretch this one. I always found exaggerated ROM done gently but deliberately always worked to alleviate the pain. As IRSerge said, this muscle is very easy to massage.

Good luck