elbow pain

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
what would we call it "curler's elbow"? ha (ouch, hurts when i laugh or otherwise) i have had this discomfort inside the right elbow since last february when i went really crazy on cycle with extra heavy dumbell curls. have been doing the usual joint supports daily & have now added cissus & celadrin. anybody have any good anecdotes for these type of pains?

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
no bad elbows eh?... well i will say that i cranked up the cissus, & noticed that i felt zero discomfort in the elbow today. i may try a few moderate curls with it in a day or two...

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
no bad elbows eh?... well i will say that i cranked up the cissus, & noticed that i felt zero discomfort in the elbow today. i may try a few moderate curls with it in a day or two...
I feel your pain man. Ive been battling tennis elbow for weeks now. I also got mine from curling, specifically hammers and skull crushers. I've had to shut my lifting down for 3-4 weeks now to let it calm down. Get one of them sleeves to put over your elbow when u lift, that helped me also.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I use the sleeves too. It helps but I still feel the pain any time I work triceps. Cissus helps as well.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
got the sleeve, it helps a little. good luck bros.

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
You might want to try using flax oil. It will not work right away but give it some time.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You might want to try using flax oil. It will not work right away but give it some time.
I take 4-5 g's of fish/salmon oil a day and I'm not sure it helps at all with my elbow. I'm sure it helps the other joints some, so I'm not saying its not worth taking it, but prob wont help the elbows much.

Phoenix rising

Awards
ummm why dont you go have the problem fixed by an ART practitioner?

wheels

Awards
  • Established
TRY DRINKING A BODY SHOT OFF OF A HOMELESS GUYS TOE'S FOLLOWED BY A GALLON OF FRED SANFORD GREEN RIPPLE AND ALL YOUR ELBOW PAIN AND EVERY OTHER PAIN WILL GO AWAY I PROMISE.

Brfish

Brfish

Board Supporter
Awards
I have had tendonitis in my left elbow for about 5 months. I did it doing heavy curls and it killed to even lift 5lbs after that. It is much better now 5 months later, but still hurts some when I try to do hammer curls. I may get a sleeve and see if it helps me.

Phoenix rising

Awards
I still dont understand for the life of me why people are talking about trying to mask or cover up the pain with sleeves, pills, or potions. A few sessions of Active Release will actually fix the problem.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Rest usually always helps and as Pheonix said Active Release has shown promise.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ART/massage+proper exercise technique+rehab exercise.
forget about all the magic pills. this is not even funny.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Injury / Rehab 3
CorpKiller Nutrition / Health 6
u_e_s_i Training Forum 11
bdavid Natural Bodybuilding 16
BRUstrong Supplements 10