Any good tips for toning?

Got2bbig

Awards
Any good tips for cutting?

I was wonderin if i good get some good tips for toning up, like best things to eat, best wo routine, what times i should eat what n how much and anything else like this or just maybe something u would like to throw in or add that would help. Im 5'9 prob 190 now n about 10%bf i would gestimate. Jus tryin to tone n cuttup a bit more. Any tips would be great.

deech

Board Supporter
Awards
Uh oh - better edit your post. 'Toned' is not a popular word around here!!

Seriously, though, if you mean you want better muscle definition, I would try and get your BF down a couple of points. Try a Keto diet or UD2. Or eat the same and do more cardio. You may lose a little muscle as well, but not too bad if you keep your protein up and eat reasonably.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
He earns a living off telling people how to "tone" up. Buy it.

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
"toning" I doubt your 190 with 10% bodyfat if the word "toning" is even in your vocabulary.

Got2bbig

Awards
Well im actually bt 185 n 190 and no more than 10%bf. I dont know what the deal is with the word toning so cutting will work just as fine. I wanna actually be 190 but around 7-8%bf. No disrespect against bobo or nuttin but im not in bad enough shape to have to pay someone. Im just lookin for a little insight and helpful tips. Ive always bulked n never really tried cuttin cause i never really had too. My last bulkin cycle put me a couple %'s higher than i like so this is a first for me. Ive never tried to cutt down bf so im not sure what the best foods to eat or how much and when to either. Tryin to keep as much muscle as possible while doin so. I dont know nothin about bally's, keto diet, or UD2 so im gonna need a little bit more insight from the input ive gotten so far. Thanks

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for coming off like a dickhead before.

Use the search to find a couple of the guys cutting diets here. That can give you a good foundation to make your own diet.
Carbs - Low GI all the time is advocated (even post-workout).
Protein - This should be obvious. Sticking to the staples like whey, milk, eggs, and meat can't go wrong.
Fat - Get as close to 100% of your fats from Fish (primarily); use flax if you're in a pinch and fish isn't an option.

A ratio of carbs to protein to fat that is highly recommended as a starting point is 40/40/20, meaning that 40% of your calories should come from carbs, 40% from protein, and 20% from fat. Everyone is different so you may need to play around with these ratios to find what works best for you. Good luck.

Vincent124

Banned
Awards
10% is low enough. Unless you plan to compete, you don't need to go any lower.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
you just need to actually get to 10% .. no offense at all .. its just most people really over estimate their BF%

i'm at 10% in the pic that's attached

Last edited:

Vincent124

Banned
Awards
you just need to actually get to 10% .. no offense at all .. its just most people really over estimate their BF%

i'm at 10% in the pic that's attached
And that's pretty damn "toned".

Got2bbig

Awards
Its ok, thanks alot for the tips. Im not far from glenihan as far as cutt goes, but def. not as big. I just have a little extra fat on the lower back n stomach. Not much at all but jus enough to get on my nerves and want to get rid of. After lookin at glenihans pic im thinkn i wanna frikin bulk some more dang. Thanks for the help fellas.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Glenihan- You looked great at that Bf%.. That is about where i hopd to be.. What were you about 190 in that pic, and about 5'7? I think to be like that i need to be about 205 .. One day..

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
thanks ... that's actually an old pic from 10 weeks out before this last show .. i was 5'8 ~193ish

my point in posting that pic is just that 10% bf is pretty low and MOST people greatly underestimate their bf %

this pic is what ~5% looks like

Last edited:

Got2bbig

Awards
What are some good foods to eat and some bad foods to stay away from while tryin to cut?

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Uh oh - better edit your post. 'Toned' is not a popular word around here!!

Seriously, though, if you mean you want better muscle definition, I would try and get your BF down a couple of points. Try a Keto diet or UD2. ...
Hehe. Yeah I was gonna say that. You can't "tone" a muscle. It either grows, stays the same, or atrophies. It's the loss of bodyfat and sub-q water that will give you a more "cut" look. :)