Bigger arms

Jsgym

Awards
Over the past 6 months I started going to the gym and eating properly (last month have been eating at 3500+ calories) and have put on over 10kg, now at 87kg. To me I haven noticed changed in everything but my arms, I train back and bi and chest and tri and will fit in an arm day. Should I start doing arms everyother day? Some advice on training programmes would be appreciated.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Weighted pull ups and close grip bench put more size on my arms then any isolation move ever has

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Close grip bench for tris and drop set ez curl for bis have grown mine nicely. But everyone is different

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Smith Machine drag curls seemed to give me the most improvement. But I think what you're seeing here is that it's different for everybody, and probably changes every so often. Personally, I think that adding in something new every once in a while is probably a good thing.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Smith Machine drag curls seemed to give me the most improvement. But I think what you're seeing here is that it's different for everybody, and probably changes every so often. Personally, I think that adding in something new every once in a while is probably a good thing.
Was doing bent over rows then supersetting with cheat curls - gave me a huge bi pump
Regular bar -155 lbs

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My arms are not huge, but, I have improved a lot on size by doing Back and Shoulders, Chest and Arms (Bi and Tri). I train every muscle 2x a week. day 1- heavy ez BB curls, heavy ez skull krusher, and an isolation movement like Single arm preacher curl or concentration curl, single arm DB tricep extension. Day 2- ez BB Preacher curls, Incline DB curl, Spider Curl, seated Tri extension, Rope pushdown, cable kick back.

This probably is a lot of volume as well for a few.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pull-ups and chin-ups for biceps and dips for triceps. I’ll also do several other workouts for those muscles but add them if your not doing them. Many people believe barbell works is better than dumbbell work when it comes to putting mass on your arms. Specifically, barebell curls at different grip widths and skullcrushers.

My arms aren’t massive (15-16 inches) but they’re huge compared to when I started working out.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like your arms are a weak point (as are mine)
At 16" they're not huge but not terrible for a natty under 6 ft and 10% bf blessed with spaghetti arm genetics.
I've had to put a lot of time into training them in order to bring them up. Volume is key as is a good pump. I usually hit my arms with 32 sets every 4th day or roughly twice a week. (12 reps, 1 rep shy of absolute failure each set except the last). Skull crushers supersetted with barbell curls and dumbell curls with overhead extensions. Do drop sets without rest. It will be over within 30 minutes but you'll have a skin splitting pump. You may start out having to use little more than the bar to get the job done. You don't need to go heavy to see results. Focus on form and make sure you get a good burn. Increase the load gradually.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Personally love preacher curls for the bi’s and reverse bench or weighted dips for the tri’s but the shoulders take a beating volume is key