Is this a squat?

1. Is this a squat?

Name:  FrontSquat.png.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  192.0 KBName:  BackSquat.png.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  188.2 KB

Note this is from an upward looking angle so it likely isn't as bad as it seems to be. Would you qualify this as an actual rep or are these both cheat reps?

I try to always at least be parallel to the ground but it looks like at least in the back squat i didn't achieve this.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Davy25 View Post

Note this is from an upward looking angle so it likely isn't as bad as it seems to be. Would you qualify this as an actual rep or are these both cheat reps?

I try to always at least be parallel to the ground but it looks like at least in the back squat i didn't achieve this.
    Neither one is a rep. A full squat is where the crease of your hip get level with or below the knee
    •   

3. Name:  Bench.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  174.5 KB

While on the subject, would this qualify as a bench rep?

4. Name:  Bench.jpg
Views: 109

5. Name:  Bench.jpg
Views: 107

•   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Davy25 View Post
    Name:  Bench.jpg

In a powerlifting meet a rep eould be to touch your chest, pause til the judge says up then fully lock out

7. Quote Originally Posted by Davy25 View Post
    Name:  Bench.jpg

Bench is a little easier to get. Some people have troubke getting deep enough on squats either cause they go to heavy or they dont have the mobility to go deep enough so some people it takes some work to just get to where they can do squats correctly. I used to have trouble with it myself but i got better at it doing crossfit with a coach that knew what he was doing

8. If youíre struggling with full range of motion you need to decrease the weight. Ego lifting doesnít really do much for you in the long run

9. My truck did squats today...

SEMPER FI!!

10. Those arent squats, drop the bar at least 1 level. The 8" seen above the safety bar wouldnt get yoir legs to parallel with the ground. Gotta go all the way if you want to achieve much of anything, especially the muscles along yoir spine...

11. Those are half squats which can be used to build upper quads .

That said no a full squat is all the way down . at least to parrell or lower
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5wTt6Y1ZtM
    www.millenniumsport.net AMJUNE50 50 % off

Great Physique fitness, facebook, online consultations

12. Quote Originally Posted by Davy25 View Post

I would say no rep on those....drop the weight and work on hitting depth.....put a bench under ur ass or bumper plates so u will fell the height u need to be to hit depth

13. Quote Originally Posted by dds View Post
    I would say no rep on those....drop the weight and work on hitting depth.....put a bench under ur ass or bumper plates so u will fell the height u need to be to hit depth
    ^^^^ this. It might feel lame to go light and work on form but it'll be way better for you in the long run. Best thing i ever did for my lifting
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What kind of squat machine is this? What is it called?
    By QUADMONSTER in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-01-2014, 05:54 PM
  2. Is this a big deal? (Squat form question)
    By taman6886 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-30-2011, 10:00 PM
  3. WTF is this burning pain while doing squats?
    By Smith402 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-29-2010, 10:00 PM
  4. Is this a proper squat technique ?
    By dragonfly in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 08:48 PM
  5. Is this Allowed???
    By GymCandy397 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 06:54 AM