More protein when training with frequency?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From my understanding, it is suggested that naturals benefit from more frequency programs versus volume because higher frequency/lower volume elevates MPS more.

People who are on hormones usually have higher protein consumption because their bodies can utilize more of the protein due to the hormones.

Wouldn't it make sense for people that train with higher frequency to consume greater amounts of protein, even if natural?

Just something random I thought about today.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
From my understanding, it is suggested that naturals benefit from more frequency programs versus volume because higher frequency/lower volume elevates MPS more.

People who are on hormones usually have higher protein consumption because their bodies can utilize more of the protein due to the hormones.

Wouldn't it make sense for people that train with higher frequency to consume greater amounts of protein, even if natural?

Just something random I thought about today.
I know this doesn’t answer your question but I recently started on that routine that you posted on T Nation. It’s hard for me to ditch the high volume but it’s worth giving a try. Something different that in theory should yield better results.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldnt think so. Just keep protein high at all times. Training with more intensity killing it, or lessening intensity a bit and training weak body parts a couple times a week, really wouldn't matter

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think the true (cliche'd) answer is that it depends on what your current protein intake is atm. If it's already high and you are natural, your metabolic cart may be one that preferentially uses proteolytic breakdown to fuel the body. Most of the extra protein. Taken in would probably be converted to glycogen through gluconeogenesis and thus be less efficient with the extra calories that you are taking in. I enjoy using this strategy to keep the gains "leaner".

If you are sticking to the. 8g/kg deal, then it would be beneficial to up the protein if you are stimulating MPS more often than you are used to through higher frequency.... IMO. That is assuming that you don't have per existing issues with the gut, liver, etc.

I'm not a doctor and this isn't medical advice.