ques for Bobo

NotBigEnough

Awards
Hi bobo
just read this article, it says training twice a day is too catabolic!
I know there are a lot of variables involved like diet, experence etc. but given all things equal... is there any truth to this?

"By lifting two times a day, you are setting yourself up for disaster. It seems that with every weight training session on a given day, the catabolic hormone response is amplified [25]!
But overall cortical (the catabolic hormone) levels stay very low in people who go once a day, every day [15]. In fact, its been shown that people who incorporate 3 days of weight and 3 days of cardio gain more lean mass, and even with a negative nitrogen balance [26]. As much as a 4% increase in dry muscle. Not, fat free mass, not weight, not lean mass, pure stinking muscle. And a loss of 5% body fat ta-boot [27]."

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/satter2.htm

thanks

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Did he just bust in here for his 8th post with a quote from BB.com?

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Why not email him instead of taking up bandwidth?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Hi bobo
just read this article, it says training twice a day is too catabolic!
I know there are a lot of variables involved like diet, experence etc. but given all things equal... is there any truth to this?

"By lifting two times a day, you are setting yourself up for disaster. It seems that with every weight training session on a given day, the catabolic hormone response is amplified [25]!
But overall cortical (the catabolic hormone) levels stay very low in people who go once a day, every day [15]. In fact, its been shown that people who incorporate 3 days of weight and 3 days of cardio gain more lean mass, and even with a negative nitrogen balance [26]. As much as a 4% increase in dry muscle. Not, fat free mass, not weight, not lean mass, pure stinking muscle. And a loss of 5% body fat ta-boot [27]."

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/satter2.htm

thanks

There are too many variables to make a blanket statement like that. THere are many things he is taking out of context.

I will say for the most part there is absolutely no need to train two times per day. Most people will overtrain simply because they don't account for the increase in energy expenditure. People using androgens can certainly get away with it much more than a natural athlete.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nabisco General Chat 2
Training Forum 8
OCCFan023 Training Forum 2
exnihilo Training Forum 1
Anabolics 3