ques for Bobo
- 06-16-2005, 07:10 PM
ques for Bobo
just read this article, it says training twice a day is too catabolic!
I know there are a lot of variables involved like diet, experence etc. but given all things equal... is there any truth to this?
"By lifting two times a day, you are setting yourself up for disaster. It seems that with every weight training session on a given day, the catabolic hormone response is amplified !
But overall cortical (the catabolic hormone) levels stay very low in people who go once a day, every day . In fact, its been shown that people who incorporate 3 days of weight and 3 days of cardio gain more lean mass, and even with a negative nitrogen balance . As much as a 4% increase in dry muscle. Not, fat free mass, not weight, not lean mass, pure stinking muscle. And a loss of 5% body fat ta-boot ."
- 06-16-2005, 07:19 PM
06-16-2005, 08:04 PM
06-16-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by NotBigEnough
There are too many variables to make a blanket statement like that. THere are many things he is taking out of context.
I will say for the most part there is absolutely no need to train two times per day. Most people will overtrain simply because they don't account for the increase in energy expenditure. People using androgens can certainly get away with it much more than a natural athlete.
For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
Similar Forum Threads
- By BackHand in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 12-06-2004, 02:45 PM
- By Jag in forum Training ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 08-18-2004, 01:46 PM
- By tarmon8r in forum Training ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 07-21-2004, 06:06 PM
- By NPursuit in forum Training ForumReplies: 15Last Post: 07-07-2004, 10:39 AM
- By champs in forum Weight LossReplies: 21Last Post: 06-30-2004, 07:40 PM