Rep Speed

chainsaw2

Awards
I prefer using slower reps like 3 seconds up and 3 seconds down I feel I can control the weight better and avoid injury. Plus I read that fast reps just produce pumps and doesnt work the muscle as effective. Anyone got some knowledge for me.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
I know bob prefers TUT with is a type of training involving slow reps.

ke0ki

Board Supporter
Awards
I can attest that going slower definetly reduces your chances of injury. I used to have frequent shoulder problems on flat bench but once I began doing slow up/down tempos I haven't had a single problem.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I do 10 seconds up and down.

CROWLER

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Similar to my leg workout, I see... I do 25 seconds down, 20 seconds up for 5 sets of 20 using 500 lbs. on squat... :smite:
Is that even possible, is it hard to count when your straning and you would have to take a few breathes inbetween. Educate me?

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Is that even possible, is it hard to count when your straning and you would have to take a few breathes inbetween. Educate me?
ummm...I think he was joking. Either that or he has tree trunks for legs and then some.

stalemate

Awards
he was joking.....that would be like 15 minutes PER set!! so just a squat workout would be frickin an hour and 15 minutes not including breaks in between sets. lol.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, my workout takes about 8 hours a day...

he was joking.....that would be like 15 minutes PER set!! so just a squat workout would be frickin an hour and 15 minutes not including breaks in between sets. lol.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Dude you could inject me with a gram of test prop ED for a week and I wouldn't be able to squat 500 lbs. for one rep IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM :lol: It was just fine sarcasm and goofiness man...

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
We in the bodybuilding world don't take or understand sarcasm. It's not welcomed here... now let me get back to my 8 hour workout...

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, see, I'm on a wireless laptop that I hold and check the forums while i'm squatting. It's really efficient that way and I get an extra pump while holding the laptop and doing each rep.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You get a good TUT forearm work that way, too, I'll bet!